Premium Format Darth Vader [ROTJ]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just get some cheap black frames, they will look much better and are very unlikely to fall off assuming you mount them correctly.

I will get the cheap black frames, defiantly getting that predator 2 poster to pose with my T-800 terminator PF, much like star wars, got a long time to wait to get the city hunter. Sauron in the mean time will keep me happy

You know it occured to me..............in the pre release art photos there was a switch out portrait. I didnt see it at Celebration, nor do I see it listed in the item description.

Did I miss an announcement that the Sebastian Shaw portrait was no longer part of this release?

Sorry in advance if I missed it!

You know it occured to me..............in the pre release art photos there was a switch out portrait. I didnt see it at Celebration, nor do I see it listed in the item description.

Did I miss an announcement that the Sebastian Shaw portrait was no longer part of this release?

Sorry in advance if I missed it!

Hi Hollywood,

There will not be any switch out portrait. The remaining question is whether or not the chest and belt will have a light up feature. Sideshow has noted that they are still investigating this with the factory.

Hi Hollywood,

There will not be any switch out portrait. The remaining question is whether or not the chest and belt will have a light up feature. Sideshow has noted that they are still investigating this with the factory.
Hmm so we get saber or lightsaber? You not mention...

Hi Hollywood,

This is also what I remember as the latest news. Sideshow has been pretty quiet about this piece since. I guess there isn't anything worth reporting.

Hmm so we get saber or lightsaber? You not mention...

Yes. It will still have a light sabre light up feature. darthvaderpf2 11.jpg

This is also what I remember as the latest news. Sideshow has been pretty quiet about this piece since. I guess there isn't anything worth reporting.

Yeah, it's not looking good for the chest lights. I would assume that this piece would already be in production to be available for a March-May 2016 release? I have no idea how long it takes to make these.

I would assume that we'll have a definitive answer by SDCC.

That would be pretty bad on Sideshow's part if they didn't have those lights on his chest and belt. After all, they did a great job with the lights on Malgus.

With XM announcing they are doing 1/4 Star Wars pieces, you might all be more likely to see the upgrades on this guy because he needs them to compete frankly. I'm not a huge XM fan yet, and the constant talk of them drives me mad at times, I am an SSC fan more so. But with a questionable pose, no lights and not even an ES (making this non collectible essentially) This one needs something to make it more desirable now it has competition on the way. Even if Vader isn't their first statue, at these kinds of prices I suspect many people will be happy to wait... Like me.

I will def. pass now on SSC.. HT is on my watch list for sure.. but I wait until both of them are out before deciding anything.. and by the time both come out... I surely would like to see a third option by XM :)

This vader does not look good at all for 500! Also XM is a hassle to mess with if you live in a country outside of their license.

Yes. It will still have a light sabre light up feature. View attachment 188381

After seeing photos of you say that light up feature will be or you have a confirmation from the Sideshow ? I'm surprised because I never heard that anywhere they confirmed lightsaber with light up feature.

It's in the description:

ABOUT THIS COLLECTIBLE

You underestimate the power of the Dark Side.

Ruthless and powerful, Darth Vader stands at the height of his power in Sideshow Collectibles Darth Vader Lord of the Sith Premium Format Figure.

Inspired by one of the most climactic duels in cinematic history, Darth Vader descends the steps of a Death Star themed base. With his light-up crimson lightsaber at the ready, the commanding villain is prepared to engage in mortal combat and claim victory for the Galactic Empire. Every detail of the Sith Lords costume, from his iconic helmet to his sweeping black cape, have been faithfully recreated as seen on screen in Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi. The height and composition of this impressive piece make it an ideal companion to Sideshows Boba Fett Premium Format Figure, and the perfect centerpiece of any Star Wars collection!

It's unfortunate SSC messed up this piece. I really wanted a Vadar to go with my Boba Fett. I'll keep an eye on the Hot Toys version in the meanwhile. Hopefully, SSC will revisit this piece and change it for the better.

I would be to surprised if they make changes...thats something like never happens

It's unfortunate SSC messed up this piece. I really wanted a Vadar to go with my Boba Fett. I'll keep an eye on the Hot Toys version in the meanwhile. Hopefully, SSC will revisit this piece and change it for the better.

How'd they mess it up, in your opinion?

How'd they mess it up, in your opinion?

Yeah I'm curious to know as well. Lol. I can understand people having an issue with the pose, but in terms of an accurate portrayal of Vader, the proportions and costume are bang on. I would hardly call that messed up. I think Star Wars nerds are the most difficult to please. ;)

the pose is the only mess up IMO .. to bad the pose is one of the most important thing to me

Back