Premium Format Darth Vader [ROTJ]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bcd0384e44b8c403dca1fe959a3ea3ce.jpg

This picture was a screen shot from a video. It seems the already fixed it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

I know people love it and hate it and fall all over the HT version but I bought one and I love it and it kicks ass.

The head looking up is no mistake to people who know why he would be looking that way. He's a badass and he's posed like one. Why does he need to be looking in any specific direction? His pose says I see above and right through you bytches.

With regards to the HT one. It's cool to me as well but in a different way. I'll buy it of course because it too kicks ass.

It would be impossible to say it is better as it is not made in the same way but I hope all the mixed media bashers be sure to dog HT if this is a mixed media Vader which it seems to be.

Again I love them both but right now my hearts with the SS one if not for the base it is mounted on. It is fantastic to see the creativity involved and it will be insane on my shelf. SS haters will always hate SS whether from past experiences or their need for perfectionism. I tend to love everything and as I always post it is a blessing to not find myself ruining all these items by picking them apart.

I will say it was damn funny to put that cape on inside out and the no neck would be unforgiveable it permanent. It had to be a joke between employees.

The head looking up is no mistake to people who know why he would be looking that way. He's a badass and he's posed like one. Why does he need to be looking in any specific direction? His pose says I see above and right through you bytches.

He would look down because he's going down some stairs. Also generally when you're above people you look down on them, when you look up to people it means you revere them ;p Also a lot of people don't like the thigh out and would have preferred something like Shard's pose with Vader.

A lot of ppl don't like HT toys one either, especially as iirc it is a ROTS Vader, just those are the options :p

It probably was just a mistake, which happens. A joke would actually be considerably more unforgivable as an employer than a simple mistake as the gallery on their site is made up of pics using that.

He would look down because he's going down some stairs. Also generally when you're above people you look down on them, when you look up to people it means you revere them ;p Also a lot of people don't like the thigh out and would have preferred something like Shard's pose with Vader.

A lot of ppl don't like HT toys one either, especially as iirc it is a ROTS Vader, just those are the options :p

It probably was just a mistake, which happens. A joke would actually be considerably more unforgivable as an employer than a simple mistake as the gallery on their site is made up of pics using that.

I think you could equally note that he is going up the stairs. I always thought of this pose as him looking up in a classic heroic type stance, or from a more contextual perspective, looking at Luke hiding in the rafters or the Death Star.

I think you could equally note that he is going up the stairs. I always thought of this pose as him looking up in a classic heroic type stance, or from a more contextual perspective, looking at Luke hiding in the rafters or the Death Star.

he's going up the stairs backwards?

And vader shouldn't be in a classic heroic type stance! :p

Why would he be going up backwards?

I don't know about you but when I'm walking up the stairs I have to like you know face the stairs not put my back to them.

edit: and because if he's going up the stairs is behind him, which would be walking backwards :p

I don't know about you but when I'm walking up the stairs I have to like you know face the stairs not put my back to them.

Does it look like he's facing downwards to you? His torso is almost 45 degrees perpendicular to the stairs. My impression is that he's turning while traversing the stairs; like something's got his attention.

it actually looks like he's side stepping up the stairs.

Does it look like he's facing downwards to you? His torso is almost 45 degrees perpendicular to the stairs. My impression is that he's turning while traversing the stairs; like something's got his attention.

it actually looks like he's side stepping up the stairs.

His feet are almost at right angles at each other, even if he was previously facing in the direction that his right foot was facing it still would be the wrong way to go up the stairs. Also if this falls the fight on the death star not only did he not do this pose ever, there would be nowhere to do this pose as that would have to be the weirdest walkway and stair setup ever. That also has to be the most awkward description of a pose ever "Walking up stairs but hear's something behind and above him and pivots a full 180 degrees and looks up".

really they should have this:
court-of-the-dead-shard-mortal-trespasser-premium-format-300450-03-600x900.jpg

Body movement is usually predicted by head position. with this statue in particular it's a bit ambiguous as to which direction he could be traveling. I agree with the poster above that indicates he could possibly be stationary while looking upwards

I mentioned this before that in my opinion he has stopped to draw his saber. It is something I have seen prior to where they sweep the cape to the side as they ignite their saber like many Jedi have with or without the cape so his head direction has no relevance because if that is true his is looking at his adversary.

Of course the head up pose will and is dissected to bits by whatever the poster thinks the pose is based upon.

I find it powerful and badass and while a level headed pose would be great a downward look would have been bad. I guess the head moves right like they said so maybe it will tilt forward then we can all be happy.

The only stair so recall his traversing do my look like these stairs anyway that I can find in the Luke scene but of course they are from the scenes they cut away for the space battle lol

Additionally it does say he decends in the SS site description but he looks to be going either way I guess.

I think he's singing opera on the stair case. Like phantom of the opera style. I can't wait to get this piece!

Back