Darth Vader life-size Bust--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had Maul not died in TPM, I feel he could've been a much greater character. I blame Lucas! :D

Hard to say, part of my liking of Vader has come from the elaboration of his character through the PT, he wasn't much of a tragic figure before his backstory was told, but now with that, it's such an interesting character, capable of great villainy and yet torn inside emotionally. Even over multiple films, I don't think any writing of Maul could have ammounted to that powerful a story, certainly more than his brief time in TPM though.

I honestly didn't feel like the PT added much to Vader, you could "feel the conflict" very strongly in the ending of ESB and throughout ROTJ.

The PT just kind of made him whiney and semi-grating. I really wish Lucas had made Anakin a more likeable character. He got it right with the Farmboy to Jedi growth of Luke, but it just didn't feel the same with Anakin.

Only issue I find with this bust is it definitely needs some shadow under the dome to make the details less visible.

If you don't see the mechanics of the mask, it looks just amazing, I just quickly airbrushed them out of this photo from wsgroves.

VADERBUST.jpg

Hard to say, part of my liking of Vader has come from the elaboration of his character through the PT, he wasn't much of a tragic figure before his backstory was told, but now with that, it's such an interesting character, capable of great villainy and yet torn inside emotionally. Even over multiple films, I don't think any writing of Maul could have ammounted to that powerful a story, certainly more than his brief time in TPM though.

Having grown up with Vader, I don't think anyone could compare to him. Not even if Maul had a much bigger role in the PT. There's just something about Vader that can't be beat. Maybe it's the Shakespeare-like tragedy.

The PT just kind of made him whiney and semi-grating. I really wish Lucas had made Anakin a more likeable character. He got it right with the Farmboy to Jedi growth of Luke, but it just didn't feel the same with Anakin.

Yep. Whiney = bad. Can't see bad-ass Vader ever being like that. Of course, Luke kind of was in ANH and he grew up fast by ROTJ.

Only issue I find with this bust is it definitely needs some shadow under the dome to make the details less visible.

If you don't see the mechanics of the mask, it looks just amazing, I just quickly airbrushed them out of this photo from wsgroves.

VADERBUST.jpg

That looks good. Mine should look like that since I'll have it in a Besta. Pretty dark inside those things.

Deffinately agree with you, even if many people say that they don't like so much the Prequels... the story now and the character himself of Lord Vader has a strong background and even the original trilogy gain from the prequels as the story of Anakin Skywalker...

I honestly didn't feel like the PT added much to Vader, you could "feel the conflict" very strongly in the ending of ESB and throughout ROTJ.

Yes but you couldn't really understand his feelings while the emperor was throwing sith lightnings to his son... yes of course he's his son and he at last saved him but he became Vader a Sith because Anakin is weak, and you can understand his weakness by watching the prequels... it adds so much to the character... he could choose to live his life and be happy with what he had but he let his past his mother's death create a conflict inside him... that should not happen.. life sometimes give you vary bad things, very bad things happens unfortunately, and I'm talikng abut real life... it's in that moment that dark moment that you have to find the light inside you... he couldn't... he's weak and turned to the dark side the easy wrong way... ;)

the PT helps add dimension to the character... we all thought of Vader as a "badass" in the OT, but the PT allows us to really see what a b#tch her really was... he is a simple slave with grandiose dreams of power.

it is only when the b#tch abandons immature ways to save his son that we see the man emerge.

I was just thinking it would be cool if someone could provide the exact dimensions of the full mask on (including dome) in order to know if the whole thing has been shrinked down or not (I guess approximative measurements of a screen used ROTJ helmet is known by someone out there, huh ?).

Last edited:
Interesting... odd though as that doesn't account for people having declined cards or not being able to afford it.

I'm not on flex pay so at this time all I've paid is my deposit.

Something sounds fishy about that, they may not have many cancellations of the Ex. yet, but they haven't even sent out a 25 day notice, with the deposit, I don't think anyone's likely to cancel it until the last possible moment, I wouldn't discount cancellations or CC declines until you actually start shipping the thing and charging cards.

You guys have a good point. hopefully there is still a chance. Well I got this same email with the Sandtrooper Exc. also when it first came out and they still have a waitlist for it. actually I am on that list twice. maybe they are confident that no one is going to cancel.

Back