Darth Vader life-size Bust--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to throw fuel to the fire or anything but I live 1 hour from Sideshow and I'm always the first to get any release.

I get product 24 hours after a notice. I have not gotten a notice.

So is it POSSIBLE somebody who lives in Palm Springs (about 3 hours away from Sideshow's offices) can get their notice and delivery before me? It is POSSIBLE (has happened once or twice in last 8 years when somebody got an exclusive before me) but UNLIKELY.

Add to that the fact that NO ONE else either here or on statueforum.com has gotten a notice and I think this guy is basically full of it.

We'll see but I wouldn't hold my breath for any pics tomorrow.

Dennis

Quick Update:

As expected, this guy is confused. He got the REGULAR version and not the Exclusive. The Regulars are going out first because they are still finalizing the stand for the Exclusives apparently.

In any case, we don't know exactly WHEN the Exclusives are going to be shipped out. The earliest will be April but June has been thrown around as well.

Hope that helps.

Dennis

So I'm guessing no one here got the Regular Edition through Sideshow since no one's shared any notices?

I'm getting a regular, but I only just got on FLEX, so it'll be awhile before I get it. I wish I'd ordered the exclusive back when it was available, but I only now got into the 1:1 line. :banghead

Quick Update:

As expected, this guy is confused. He got the REGULAR version and not the Exclusive. The Regulars are going out first because they are still finalizing the stand for the Exclusives apparently.

In any case, we don't know exactly WHEN the Exclusives are going to be shipped out. The earliest will be April but June has been thrown around as well.

Hope that helps.

Dennis

Damn, this better be one ____ing awesome stand to cause a 1-2 month delay :rolleyes:

Damn, this better be one ____ing awesome stand to cause a 1-2 month delay :rolleyes:

I'll quote this later if they give us the mask bottom in the base :lol

On a serious note though, I would imagine, and after the reports with the Rancor dio, seriously hope solid effort is put into ensuring the engineering of the stand won't give out under the weight or topple over or anything, it'd be tragic to come home and find the mask and dome on the floor shattered because it fell off the shelf.

These huge collectibles have to be shipped in waves so it can take 2 or even 3 months to ship all the Vader busts. Remember there are a lot of Regulars as well. Last I checked they hadn't even assigned an edition number to that.

Also with collectibles in the thousands of dollars, Sideshow doesn't really want to deal with breakage issues so they are shipping the Exclusive Vaders in two boxes to accomodate the extra stand. When you add all that up, I can see it taking a few extra months to get the exclusives out.

I also think the Regular and Exclusive get different runs in China. Remember there was NO difference between the Adam Hughes' Mystique Regular and Exclusive other than an art print and we still got the Exclusives about a month later . . .

I'm happy to wait as long as the product control is excellent and the packaging is solid. Hopefully with only 300 to worry about vs 1000 for the Iron Man 1:1 busts and unlimited 1:2 maquettes, proper attention will be paid to avoid careless or bush league mistakes.

Dennis

I'll quote this later if they give us the mask bottom in the base :lol

I'm hoping that you get that chance :lol That would be awesome... but I think there would have been a solid indication of that kind of change by now.

But damn it would be sweet, and I would totally recount any snarkyness I've previously displayed :lecture

It would one of the coolest updates to a piece between proto and final I'd seen that's for sure.

Delays are fine on this piece if it means and ensures quality and integrity of it. This is such a dream piece, I'd rather get it months later than get it in a condition where it's unenjoyable. It'd be awesome to have a trio like my Maul display with a ROTJ PF Vader and 1/6, ideally the PF and figure having removable helmets too :)

:lsvaderits gonna be awesome for sure.
its worth all the wait.
its better to wait some more as long as the quality and final product will be overly scrutinized for flaws.
i agree to maulfan regarding the stand. it must be perfect and it can hold mask without any leaning or toppling down.

the vader bust is definitely the best sideshow product...
looking forward to its arrival

Quick Update:

The Regulars are going out first because they are still finalizing the stand for the Exclusives apparently.

Finalizing stands? I hope you mean finishing stands. Because finalizing stands 10 months after they went up for preorder is pretty messed up. Please tell me they are not this incompetant ?

ScarJo_popcorn.gif

Hi guys. First time poster here.
I already have my shipping confirmation for std. edition and it will be here on Monday.
I will post pix as soon as I can from that if no one beats me to it.
I cant wait .

Wow, they did an amazing job on Anakin's eyes! :google

Yeah they did, granted that all my bust to date have had nonstandard eyes (Maul, Palpatine, Yoda, Grievous), but damn, they don't seem to have lost and detail quality in production like usually happens, and you can tell that's still painted and not glass :google

Nice that they include cleaning fluid for it too. This thing is shaping up to deliver on everything I dreamed it could be before it was even announced, crossing fingers the next posts don't state any flaking problems on the Vader parts.

I just hope the dome will come in good shape. I bought the Ridell Vader bust years ago and that dome had scratches out of the package. I'm sure Sideshow knows how to protect them better for a high-dollar item like this.

Back