Darth Vader life-size Bust--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth Vader life-size Bust

I am in the same boat. My wife said "What, are you going to have a room with just this in it?". The SE MR has held a pretty value. Maybe $500-$700? This might lower it though..

Man, that's sad.... I waited over a year for it and I paid $1100 for it :(

I can't believe it didn't even hold it's retail value :mad:

2009072360.png

unmasked3.jpg

Doesn't even look like Shaw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackbar
I am in the same boat. My wife said "What, are you going to have a room with just this in it?". The SE MR has held a pretty value. Maybe $500-$700? This might lower it though..

Man, that's sad.... I waited over a year for it and I paid $1100 for it

I can't believe it didn't even hold it's retail value

I'm being really conservative with the price. If you did a low starting price I think that range is where you would end up, probably closer to $700. Who knows, maybe $800. Bidding auctions are too unpredictable. I have sold a lot on Ebay. But if you did a BIN at $800-something, someone might jump. This new bust is serious competition and will really affect the MR price. The signature is what you have going for it.

Add to that, Shaw's flesh ears could bend and tuck down into the mask, the bust is sculpted ears and to look normal, they're not squished against his head and can't sink into the mask.

I think it's just the emotional choice throwing people's perception of likeness, it doesn't match ROTJ so it makes the head look different, even if anatomically it's correct.

Bottom line for me, it's if nothing else an attempt at Shaw and not even remotely Hayden.

Have to agree... I think they chose a stern Shaw as he might have looked before the battle aboard the Death Star. I think it looks killer and takes what would have been an excellent piece to a whole 'nother dimension of cool :rock

I think people are saying it doesn't look like Shaw because of the expression. Shaw never had a evil look on his face in ROTJ. But if he did we would never have seen cause his mask was covered when he WAS showing agression. He had more of a peaceful dying look instead. I think if Vader was pissed he would look like this bust IMO. That said I think this a great interprataion of Shaw/Vader. He looks evil and mean, like he's fixing to choke the ^^^^ out of some one, as he should. Thank's SS, I will be getting this.

Last edited:

I think I would classify the expression as "conflicted" rather than "stern".

Looks outstanding but what are the chances of a shiney black paintjob that doesn't need sending back half a dozen times before it's right?

Looks outstanding but what are the chances of a shiney black paintjob that doesn't need sending back half a dozen times before it's right?

That's a good question :eek:

I also meant to ask, are those glass eyes???? Man, I wish SS would finally just step up and give their 1:1 glass eyes!!!!!!

I don't think they are glass... hope they aren't as lifeless as Yoda's eyes turned out.

Have to agree... I think they chose a stern Shaw as he might have looked before the battle aboard the Death Star. I think it looks killer and takes what would have been an excellent piece to a whole 'nother dimension of cool :rock

Indeed, almost like his face if you could see it when he says "You don't know the power of the Dark Side."

I don't think they are glass... hope they aren't as lifeless as Yoda's eyes turned out.

Yoda's eyes are the way they are because they're like screen printed or something like that. Yoda's skin color was mixed into the material he's made of, but it wouldn't allow painting the eyes on like other 1:1 busts, so they used some sort of decal process or something, and they're not as nice as painted, which aren't as nice as glass.

The Anakin eyes look like the quality of the Terminator T-800 life size Arnie bust.

Oh, so Yoda's eyes are different than the other 1:1 busts? I didn't realize that, thanks for the info.

Yoda's eyes aren't a deal breaker, but certainly the weakest aspect of a phenomenal looking piece.

Yeah, Yoda's eyes are the weakest because of how they were done.

While I have no experience with glass eyes, I imagine the realism is really there.

While right up close, inches away from the faces, the Sideshow painted eyes aren't like "oh how real" like glass ones probably are, from a normal viewing distance, the gloss and gaze are fantastic, Maul's eyes are always piercing when I look at him, Palpatine looks full of rage, Grievous looks pissed.

Proto eyes have always been much better than production with the Star Wars busts, so expect a slight drop off in detail, but the overall affect will still be there.

Back