Darth Vader life-size Bust--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth Vader life-size Bust

Nah I've got the MR ROTS helmet (which I love), I've got too many critiques on this one so I'll keep them to myself until either better pics or the final product. I won't be purchasing this so I won't annoy the people who want it with any further comment

Nah I've got the MR ROTS helmet (which I love), I've got too many critiques on this one so I'll keep them to myself until either better pics or the final product. I won't be purchasing this so I won't annoy the people who want it with any further comment

MR%20ROTS%20Vader%20009a.jpg

Looks pretty wide to me, and i have seen this helmet in person...why would stating a opinion you have be deemed anoying?..who cares, you already show weakness when you give in to people that deserve less credit then they expect...why worry about it?..is it fair to have the same people criticizing what you think yet, openly say how they feel on a collectible without being put on the spot as well?..i say be yourself and voice your opinion rather then giving in to the majority favor on something you may or may not purchase.

Its not like someones putting a gun to your head here and forcing you to agree with them.Losing any type of creditability on this site from fellow posters because you do not share the same opinion is pretty lame.

Last edited:

The Dome isn't wide on the ROTS the mask is thinner then the OT,
PS, I don't consider it weakness, rather being polite to NOT rain on their parade (on a piece I won't buy), while they are rejoicing in the moment. When people make critiques I read each one, look at the piece & either accept or reject that opinion & I sometimes "choose" to return comment or more likely not. If I was going to purchase this I would make as many comments as possible to bring it to the attention of SSC before production, since I'm not, there are many people here who can & who's opinions do count!

The Dome isn't wide on the ROTS the mask is thinner then the OT,
PS, I don't consider it weakness, rather being polite to NOT rain on their parade (on a piece I won't buy), while they are rejoicing in the moment. When people make critiques I read each one, look at the piece & either accept or reject that opinion & I sometimes "choose" to return comment or more likely not. If I was going to purchase this I would make as many comments as possible to bring it to the attention of SSC before production, since I'm not, there are many people here who can & who's opinions do count!

They don't always seem to be listening though but, blah..it was stated by GL that he wanted ROTS Vader to have a more flared samurai look to the helmet and the mask is indeed more narrow to fit haydens face but, it was also part of how they wanted the look of Vader.

I say its fine to state how you feel and thats it..to have someone challenge you constantly after one post you make is just looking for trouble...i say read it and move on, if you still have more praise for this item, then so be it.

If they're gonna make Vader look all grumpy, why not some Sith eyes? He is a Sith after all...

If I EVER managed to scrape together the money to buy this, I'd be sending it off for some Sith eyes...

I'm gonna guess the neck is not rotatable... seems they would be change the angle of the neck on display as they have 2 out. Could be wrong, but that would be a quick visual way to show off a feature.

Excellent photo from Michael Crawford's site, hope this hasn't been photoshopped because the complexion looks perfect here.

sdcc2009_sideshow_main.jpg

Why would MC photoshop his snappies?

I don't know, but all the other photos so far have had a more healthy, peachy skin complexion and Michael's shot is the first to have that casper complexion like Shaw had, I'd hate to get excited that the bust got it right and find out the image was PSed or something, I don't see logic to doing it, just easily excited over this piece and don't want any false excitement :lol

I hope the production pieces are as good as the proto we're seeing...:monkey3

Any ideas on price ? I'm guessing wallet raping figures!

I will try to get the exclusive, but even with the price, I imagine it will sell out quickly as all SW items tend to do.

Even if I miss out on the exclusive, I'll still be happy with the regular. Can't imagine me displaying him without the helmet anyways.

Anybody know the preorder date yet? I'm guessing between tomorrow and Sunday? I can't live without it!

Well, realistically I will have to sell some stuff to get this..... Any idea how much I could get for my Master Replicas Vader helmet signed by Hayden??? :eek:

Well, realistically I will have to sell some stuff to get this..... Any idea how much I could get for my Master Replicas Vader helmet signed by Hayden???

I am in the same boat. My wife said "What, are you going to have a room with just this in it?". The SE MR has held a pretty value. Maybe $500-$700? This might lower it though..

Back