Darth Vader life-size Bust--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this the bust unmodified?

attachment.php

No...that is the bust with an ANH dome in it. In my opinion it just looks classic Vader. The SS dome while very nice and heavy lacks the sharp center ridge and side line flare details. I was just showing what a difference a correctly shaped OT dome and correct placement make on this bust.

JB

It looks fantastic, I'd actually like to see someone with the bust take a shot from that view as is, we haven't seen that angle that I know of, and for full Vader, I think that's actually the better angle than right side or front on.

I have a feeling the OT/PT dome is a Lucasfilm thing more than a Sideshow thing.

What ANH dome are you using? That looks great!

It looks fantastic, I'd actually like to see someone with the bust take a shot from that view as is, we haven't seen that angle that I know of, and for full Vader, I think that's actually the better angle than right side or front on.

Here is a quick pic from the same angle of the bust with the SS dome. The way SS made it unfortunately it cannot be moved or placed in any configuration except what you see here. If you compare the 2 domes picutred you will see huge differences.

I agree this piece is way better displayed with the mask off.

The ANH dome you see in the pic in the above post is from an SPFX ANH Helmet. One of the best out there.

JB

Last edited:
That really is the only issue I have with this bust, now that Boba's been done with it, I really wish they'd have done it with Vader, way he's designed, you could add it without having the seam be visible.

That really is the only issue I have with this bust, now that Boba's been done with it, I really wish they'd have done it with Vader, way he's designed, you could add it without having the seam be visible.

I'm not knocking the bust, but it just seems like a wasted opportunity to not have Vader and Palpatine face each other. :(

I'm not knocking the bust, but it just seems like a wasted opportunity to not have Vader and Palpatine face each other. :(

I'd like them facing away from each other, back to back looking, but they both look off to the same side, so it won't work. If Vader could look off to the right, how could a V shape would it be, Maul looking dead on in the middle, Palpatine to Maul's right looking in towards the middle, Vader to his left looking in toward the middle.

If Vader could look off to the right, how could a V shape would it be, Maul looking dead on in the middle, Palpatine to Maul's right looking in towards the middle, Vader to his left looking in toward the middle.

That would be pretty cool.

And hopefully if Sideshow does a Stormtrooper bust, it'll have a head that can pivot. :lecture

I would think that any bust where a joint can be put in place without showing, they'd use it. It's one thing on aliens and humans where the neck flows from the head and shouldn't be broken on such a pricey piece, but if you can put a joint in with it never showing, I say do it, all the better to have options. Though with Fett, I think articulation should be secondary to his jetpack.

Maybe someone on the RPF will make a jetpack for Boba.

jkno, put a bug in their ears! :lecture

Sorry, there should be others doing that, since I have no interest in Fett. :D I'm even thinking of selling my Shaw head when I get my Vader bust (I even have a buyer for $250) - this could mean I won't need the stand either. But that remains to be decided on spot. Anyway for me Vader is that guy who breathes heavily in his dark mask and kills people, not the 3 minutes Sebastian Shaw who changed his mind at the end of ROTJ - that is Anakin, and I want Darth Vader.

Other than customizing the Anakin head to be an alternate version or something, I can understand buying that head alone.

I would never sell the Anakin head... it is way too cool.

Also, personally I'd think the value would be greater than $250. In terms of devaluing the piece, I certainly wouldn't pay $1000 for a Vader bust w/o the head.

I would never sell the Anakin head... it is way too cool.

Also, personally I'd think the value would be greater than $250. In terms of devaluing the piece, I certainly wouldn't pay $1000 for a Vader bust w/o the head.

I fully agree with you.

Yeah, I'd say at least $500 for the head alone. It may physically be a small part, but as you say, its relevance to the whole is bigger.

For me it would be harder to sell my Vader bust if want to because of my location. As for the Shaw head I might think of selling it for a more amount of money, thanks for letting me know. The guy who is interested earns more money in a year than I earn in a lifetime. Not sure why he wouldn't buy the entire bust though, told him about it and didn't seem interested in except the head. He collects horror memorabilia, they even showed his stuff and collection on a Romanian TV station. When you are a millionaire or close you can have your own bizarreness... :D

Back