Darth Vader : Helmet and Tusks and so on !

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This stuff does not bother me one bit, only wish it was all organized properly..i do still feel for the people that have to go through page after page of debate to get some pics of the figure, i can't say its "whining" since most comments about whats wrong on the figure are indeed warranted, people share input about it as there are lots of people that are a bit let down by this figure in some areas, does not make them whiny or anything of the sort..may seem like whining when you get multiple users sharing the same opinion on how say "the dome is off" etc.

We all know it will never stop, one guy states something is really off, another guy says it looks fine!..fact is its off though lol..but, people should not take that to heart so much, i am going to mod mine when i get it..and i know i will be satisfied with that.Thing is we all know the Star Wars line will still be kicking it when we are all dead and gone and i am sure something will be off with Star Wars character accuracy when it comes to collectibles, consider ourselves lucky we get so many versions of these characters opposed to other sci-fi favorites that would get one small line of collectibles...hell, we should consider ourselves lucky SS is doing Star Wars and not Hasbro...the difference is day and night between the two companies.

Did you find jesus or something? :lol :p

HMMMM !!! Yes as i'm saying some people still just don't get it, are we just on the same page ???!!! :rotfl:rotfl

When that happens, and you reiterate a point that has all the common sense in the world yet they still don't get it, I love to use this icon several times: :duh :duh :duh :lol

Best free marketing research around!

Even with the so-called whiners and so-called apologist!

People who post in forums make the smallest fraction of any company's customer demographic. Traditional speaking, hates tend to post more soap box complaints than people who like something, because those that like what they buy tend to be happier people and don't have the need to draw attention to themselves.

In my opinion, most people who complain are doing so because they are suffering from buyer's remorse after spending money they shouldn't on something they simply don't need.

The long and short of it is, any company that uses the opinions posted in a forum as a major source of their marketing plan is destined to fail.

Trust me true believers, the five to ten people who are complaining here don't mean much when compared to the thousands of happy customers. And besides, how many of these haters have still purchased the figure anyhow?

You know most of the nastiness stems from people being overly sensitive to complaints and criticisms of any new release. Then people freak out and begin name calling.

You know most of the nastiness stems from people being overly sensitive to complaints and criticisms of any new release. Then people freak out and begin name calling.

Not really. Genuinely, what I've seen is a few complaints and then the complaints are quoted with more and more BS, until the thread turns into an anti-sideshow bashfest. Or there's the always fun HotToys/Medicom handjob session by the fanboys. Either that or some ****** reiterating the same point 9-10 times finally gets old and people start replying back.

Last edited:
Trust me true believers, the five to ten people who are complaining here don't mean much when compared to the thousands of happy customers. And besides, how many of these haters have still purchased the figure anyhow?

Better yet, how many of these haters haven't purchased the figure (or seen it in person) and yet still feel "qualified" to pass final judgement on it? I wonder how many of the haters have "non-buyers remorse"? They didn't, or couldn't, buy the figure for whatever reason and feel the need to denigrate it in order to feel better for having not purchased it.

Better yet, how many of these haters haven't purchased the figure (or seen it in person) and yet still feel "qualified" to pass final judgement on it? I wonder how many of the haters have "non-buyers remorse"? They didn't, or couldn't, buy the figure for whatever reason and feel the need to denigrate it in order to feel better for having not purchased it.

This is about right.

People who post in forums make the smallest fraction of any company's customer demographic. Traditional speaking, hates tend to post more soap box complaints than people who like something, because those that like what they buy tend to be happier people and don't have the need to draw attention to themselves.

In my opinion, most people who complain are doing so because they are suffering from buyer's remorse after spending money they shouldn't on something they simply don't need.

The long and short of it is, any company that uses the opinions posted in a forum as a major source of their marketing plan is destined to fail.

I doubt any company does this...the dollars are what speaks the loudest. But it is certainly true that these companies DO
use this information. The web/forum is not a sole source of marketing information but it can and is used as a gauge. It can be used much the same way statistics are used...for every one positive comment, there are several more positive comments that can be assumed and so on.

So as mentioned, even with the so-called whiners and the so-called apologist, this can be a very powerful medium. So I welcome all comers. If I think what someone is saying is crap and it has no merit at all, I just ignore it. If I find that same someone constantly saying crap, I put them on ignore. I think most folks around here would have a much more pleasant experience if they learned to use that option...it :rock

Back