Darth Talon Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn! That is a huge lost. Out of all the statues why this one? On the bright side you still did a very good thing by giving the dog a good life to live. They were just being pets having fun.

I'd look at repairing first, if not possible or happy with this then sell as damaged on eBay. A little more misfortune in the ankle break not being cleaner. Good luck with it.

Any thoughts on what I should do? Sell it on ebay for parts or is there someone who can repair this stuff?

It can be fixed. The fact that it broke on that very dark colored area with the irregular shading makes it even easier to hide the repair. I would use JB weld, and it will work as a filler, as well, though it is not thick enough not to sag until dry, so you need to be careful how you position it during the curing. A brace may be needed to hold parts together during the process. Then maybe a bit of putty to completely smooth, Once the parts are mended, then touch up paint.
This is just the ankle and the wrist. If the red part was damaged, that would be more difficult to hide.
This can be fixed well enough that no one will ever know. You just need to do it right or find someone who can.

Next time, you need to keep your prized possessions away from places a pet can knock it over, preferably in a case.

If you do it yourself, the cost will just be materials. If you have it done by someone who really knows how to do it right, I would expect the cost to be between $100 and $200.
I don't know that cost for a fact because I've sought those exact services, but based upon the cost of other restoration work I've encountered, that is my best guess.

Last edited:
uhm, the resin is easily fixed but I'm not that sure about the electronics in that leg...

I didn't see the red and black wires at first in the pic. After I blew it up I can see that it will be more complex a repair. I don't believe there are any solid state electronics in the leg, are there? Aren't those just broken wires with a positive and negative for the circuit? Seems to me that all you need to do is splice the wires back together, since I think the electronics with the switch is in the base, not the body.
It does raise the cost of repair quite a bit, though. I think it can and should be repaired in any case, since the statue is so limited and in demand.

Any thoughts on what I should do? Sell it on ebay for parts or is there someone who can repair this stuff?

Dekekun, don't get down. This can be fixed. First, accept he electronics will likely not come together but don't give up. Wrap the statue in some towels and stop lying it on its side on hard surfaces. Bring it to a hobby store and speak with one of the people there. They will have some glues that work especially well for resin and will be able to put this together. Ask hem about paint and they should be able to match it.

Good luck. You'll fix it and will hardly notice it. This may be a good experience for you. Take it as a warning that will prompt you to take some precautious action that will prevent a greater disaster. Perhaps the next foster was a much larger dog and this would have been irreparable.

This has to be one of the worst days of my life.

We're fostering a rescue-dog while he finds a permanent home. He decided to chase the cat and knocked my 30" screen on top of Talon. Trying to do something nice for the universe and karma gives me this as a gift. Don't even know what to do now, looking at her broken just makes me want to cry.
Sorry to see & hear about this.... :( I had a similar case years ago. Now I but all my statues in enclosed display cases.

I would contact Spazzy or Vince-Vell (John) to see if they fix it. Both do phenomenal jobs with fixing statues.

The wrist with the wire is not going to be fun to fix. I hate trying to fix things that have a wire in them. It's hard to align pieces back together.

Back