Darth Talon Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I've never been one too concerned about edition sizes. Sure 9 times out of 10 I'm going to prefer the exclusive...but a lower es doesn't persuade me one way or another. I buy a piece because I like it and want to add it to my collection.

cancelled on principle.

i don't care about edition size... i do think SST does not respect our intelligence however and can understand anyone wanting to cancel on principle. honesty is the best policy (i wouldn't have blinked if they sent out a "by popular demand we have increased the edition size" email") but their "story" doesn't add up.

I don't care if they increase or not the edition number.

If it is too high, I will cancel. If it is low, I will keep. Simple solution to a problem.

I'm surprised & saddened by how many people are just taking this lying down. It's like a dog that's so used to getting kicked it doesn't even bother to get up anymore.

This shifty, shifty move is total BBBBBBBBBBBBB SSSSSSSSSSSSS, Sideshow, and you know it. I'm almost embarrassed for you...

How stupid do you think we are?!

I guess 'pretty stupid' since we burn our hard-earned money on ur "collectible" (aka everything we make is worth less in a year than when we release it) figurines. What a f'n joke.

Thanks for reminding me why I haven't pre-ordered anything from your company in 2 years. Jeesh, it just never ends with you people....

Oh, & I'm sure what you're doing is technically "legal" because you're giving everyone the opportunity to cancel, but nontheless, it's beyond shady to pull this 3 weeks after its' release.

Last edited:
I'm surprised & saddened by how many people are just taking this lying down. It's like a dog that's so used to getting kicked it doesn't even bother to get up anymore.

This shifty, shifty move is total BBBBBBBBBBBBB SSSSSSSSSSSSS, Sideshow, and you know it. I'm almost embarrassed for you...

I guess 'pretty stupid' since we burn our hard-earned money on ur "collectible" (aka everything we make is worth less in a year than when we release it) figurines. What a f'n joke.

Thanks for reminding me why I haven't pre-ordered anything from your company in 2 years. Jeesh, it just never ends with you people....

Oh, & I'm sure what you're doing is technically "legal" because you're giving everyone the opportunity to cancel, but nontheless, it's beyond shady to pull this 3 weeks after its' release.

I willl be writing-up a report on your company; https://www.badbusinesspractice.com

Happy Holidays, SS!

you have got to be kidding me ............ wow

I willl be writing-up a report on your company; https://www.badbusinesspractice.com

Happy Holidays, SS!

What difference does it make if there are 650 or 400? I am happy 250 more people are going to be able to enjoy one. As for the price being less one year later, so what? Most things we buy are worth less after we use them. If a figurine or statue maintains its original retail value or actually goes up in value, that is more the oddity than the norm. I don't expect them to go up in value. I buy them because I like them.

Last edited:

Happy Holidays, SS!

:lol :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol

Let us know how that report works out. :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

What difference does it make if there are 650 or 400? I am happy 250 more people are going to be able to enjoy one. As for the price being less one year later, so what? Most things we buy are worth less after we use them. If a figurine or statue maintains its original retails value or actually goes up in value, that is more the oddity than the norm. I don't expect them to go up in value. I buy them because I like them.

I concur. These are collectibles, which means they are intended to be COLLECTED for personal enjoyment, which is to say accumulated and put in ones own display, and not primarily as investments. Sure, they CAN be investments, but they are about the joy of the art, and not about the money. If you want to invest in something, buy gold. SS never said what the ES would be in the first place. Everyone just ASSUMED it was going to be low, like 350. It seems like from what this other guy posted, he is intending to buy collectibles for a quick buck, because he is too lazy to actually EARN money, instead of buying these pieces because he actually likes them. These aren't FOR him anyway, because SS has a 1 EX per customer limit, to discourage reselling and to help as many people as possible to be able to get these EXs for their own collections at a reasonable price.

Well, hopefully enough people will cancel so that my Ex waitlist will convert :naughty :monkey3....

anyhow I know that a lot of collectors here base their decision to keep a piece on how high the es will be. Its a choice thats fine by me, everybody has their own standards. But I understand that some people get mad because all the orders are taken up based on a gamble on whether the es will be low or high--but thats how this game is played. Me personally, es isnt my deciding point on keeping a piece.
If they decide to cancel--cool, plus, it gives us waitlisters a chance to own a piece we really want. I know if I get on a waitlist chances are its going to convert. So hopefully this one will.

I was on a waitlist for the Crimson Cobra Commander (which I honestly forgot) and about a month after it came out my order converted (which I cancelled cuz funds were tight). Personally I don't really order much now-a-days cuz my funds don't run like they used to. So if I cancel an item its not because of es, its because its on the chopping block man, gotta use the money for something else.

Man I know its fun getting on the ppo's to see if you can get the order in. It sure is a rush. Only one I ever really tried was the stealth iron man, and I got him. It's fun putting all the pre-orders in for the stuff you want, only sucks when all the stuff comes out at what seems like the same time and your card gets hit hard.

Honestly I wish I would have been paying more attention to spooktacular when this came out, I definitely would have tried to get the Ex. but I'm on the waitlist and I have a reg order in case it doesnt convert.

I used to be a completionist bad and I think I still am to an extent. I don't have any thing in the Star Wars line, but I definitely liked this so I ordered it and hoepfully won't have to cancel. Now im just trying to fight the urge to get the PF Maul....

So what is this complaint based on? It can't be the edition size, because SS never said what it would be in advance. Show us where SS said the ES would be lower than 650, and then you have a case. Short of that, this is all just in your head.

It's been 400 since the day it became available. It changed recently due to a "mistake".

I concur. These are collectibles, which means they are intended to be COLLECTED for personal enjoyment, which is to say accumulated and put in ones own display, and not primarily as investments. Sure, they CAN be investments, but they are about the joy of the art, and not about the money. If you want to invest in something, buy gold. SS never said what the ES would be in the first place. Everyone just ASSUMED it was going to be low, like 350. It seems like from what this other guy posted, he is intending to buy collectibles for a quick buck, because he is too lazy to actually EARN money, instead of buying these pieces because he actually likes them. These aren't FOR him anyway, because SS has a 1 EX per customer limit, to discourage reselling and to help as many people as possible to be able to get these EXs for their own collections at a reasonable price.

Please, please don't get started on one of your anti-flipper rants. For the last three weeks, and when the item went up for preorder, Sideshow's webpage had the ES listed at 400. Like it or not, ES is important when you are talking about $300 statues. Whatever your opinion is on edition sizes or flipping, this is a cheezy move on Sideshow's part. If a ton of fans missed out, I don't see anything wrong with bumping the ES a bit if the ES wasn't already listed. Problems like this and server crashes are why all preorders should be TBD.

I am on the WL, and I am really surprised that it hasn't converted yet considering how fast I got on it, but I can understand why people who initially preordered this with a listed ES would be frustrated. Especially considering that most Star Wars items with high edition sizes are easily acquired later on for retail or below.

...on a side note...if I owned Sideshow, I would bump the ES to milk out more $$$ as well...:monkey3

Last edited:
I don't know if this has been stated but is this PF's likeness based off anyone? She looks like the chick in the HELP WANTED video. Anyone else see her in Talon's likeness? :dunno

Back