Darth Maul

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malo

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi, just wondering if anyone has sculpted a real good Darth Maul sculpt, also are there going to be any more hot toys star wars realeses, I have been holding off buying the sideshow deluxe version of Darth Vader in the hope that hot toys might better it, any info please, sorry if this thread is in the wrong section. THANKS

I think we're definitely in need of a good custom snarling/aggressive Darth Maul sculpt with a proper Ray Park likeness. The sideshow version looks good after resculpting and repainting, but I'd like a version showing teeth. I think a sculptor like Caine would be perfect for it.

Hi, just wondering if anyone has sculpted a real good Darth Maul sculpt, also are there going to be any more hot toys star wars realeses, I have been holding off buying the sideshow deluxe version of Darth Vader in the hope that hot toys might better it, any info please, sorry if this thread is in the wrong section. THANKS

Hot Toys just announced (during ComicCon) plans to do more Star Wars Figures, whether Darth Maul or Darth Vader are in their plans is unknown, but they are going to be making more StarWars.

I agree man, I always wanted a really nice Darth Maul but the SS and Medicom ones do nothing for me.

Yeah, so far custom is the only way to go. With a lot of tweaks, the SS version can look pretty good though.

IMG_9580_2_small.jpg

IMG_9636_2_small2.jpg

The Sideshow sculpt really is pretty spot-on... but needs a bit of work to shine. I copied agoniste86's mods and was really happy with the result. I'd previously just done a repaint and while that helped, making the eyes more intense really puts him over the top.

d3963f7e-c6b2-4666-811a-b8039091c9ac_zpscabfa5d2.jpg

Yeah, that's very sweet :rock

The v2 Medicom is one that looks very nice on a larger body/thicker neck. Can't remember who did the mod, but I saw one where just the neck had been swapped and it helped immensley.

JEDIGUY, would love to see the pictures, also would like to know if the sideshow darth maul head would fit onto a hot toys body, would the proportions look right, anyone done this, could you post pics please.

Hi, I contacted Callous over at OSW recently to ask if he had any of the sculpts left, unfortunately he didn't, but I think he said the sculpt was a recast of the gentle giant darth maul bust, this one may be, so if anyone has this and are planning to make casts of the head count me in for a couple.

DarthMaulPGMGift_full.JPG

Back