Darth Maul Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Mythos" implies artistic interpretation... accuracy is moot as it is about storytelling... if the saber is long, chalk it up to the artist's filter. the Legendary Maul's saber however isn't as easily excused...

Last edited:
If you think Maul's Mythos saber is big, look at Mythos Boba's rifle. :)

lol, I love the contrast in the switch out guns. I don't mind BFGs, but the scale just seems off on the LSF to me.

For those of you that actually have it, (honestly now), does it seem like the saber scale is a little off in person?

"Mythos" implies artistic interpretation... accuracy is moot as it is about storytelling... if the saber is long, chalk it up to the artist's filter. the Legendary Maul's saber however isn't as easily excused...

Totally agree.

Yeah the LSF shouldn't have any accuracy issues for the price in scale, costume, paint, etc. unlike the comic counterparts they have access to all the information fans have to get as accurate as possible. I do understand that sometimes Lucas Films has the final word but the scale of the lightsaber is, like I've said, inexcusable.

it could be a materials issue. maybe sideshow couldn't find hardware that small

If they can make the 1/4 scale sabers light up without affecting the saber diameter, there is no excuse for not doing the same here.

If they can make the 1/4 scale sabers light up without affecting the saber diameter, there is no excuse for not doing the same here.

I don't think it is necessarily as simple as that. Who's to say that the technological requirements can just be scaled up? Maybe the requirements to light up an entire 1/2 saber are exponentially bigger compared to a 1/4.

Just look at the Master Replicas ForceFX sabers. They are fat and bulky all of them. So it kind of makes sense that the 1/2 is fat too.

I don't think it is necessarily as simple as that. Who's to say that the technological requirements can just be scaled up? Maybe the requirements to light up an entire 1/2 saber are exponentially bigger compared to a 1/4.

Just look at the Master Replicas ForceFX sabers. They are fat and bulky all of them. So it kind of makes sense that the 1/2 is fat too.

But the master replicas FFX hilts also held a battery pack, speaker and soundcard plus a heatsink and LED module.

But the master replicas FFX hilts also held a battery pack, speaker and soundcard plus a heatsink and LED module.

Yea, it obviously doesn't make sense to compare these directly.

Still, from what I can tell, the saber of the LSF Maul is at least 40 inches long total. I wouldn't be surprised if this required some kind of demanding tech to accomplish.

Plus the MR FX saber and the LE are actually very close to the same size! They should of delayed this piece until this issue was taken care of.

Even when I'm holding my MR FX Maul, it doesn't look over sized and I'm much shorter that Ray Park.

Pictures tend to make thing's look different , everything looks porpotioned to me
The only gripe I have is the price tag. I know star wars doesn't come cheap , but considering he doesn't come sculpted with his signature tattoos oh a COH like other LSF pieces which are fully sculpted and have extra pieces included. He should of carry a lower price tag. But nonetheless I'm happy with the end results and having him in my collection no regrets

People complaining about price please go look at HCG for an idea of what cheaper stuff looks like in a larger scale. You want Sideshow quality then you have to pay for it or look at the pretty pics online.

$2,000 is the new standard for these things. The sooner we accept that making an LSF involves more than just blowing up a PF to a larger size, the sooner the "not worth it" comments can start to die down a bit. Fabric is different for a larger piece. Sculpting has or should have more detail. Margin for error on detailing paints particularly in the face is less forgiving. Logistics of how the piece will be assembled after shipped in multiple boxes to the customer must be considered. Electronics that burn brighter/powerful enough bulbs. You can go on and on.

Back