Darth Maul 12" Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have seen Callous's Maul and can assure you there is nothing "goofy" about it! it absolutely captures Maul's essence to a T.

i have seen Callous's Maul and can assure you there is nothing "goofy" about it! it absolutely captures Maul's essence to a T.

I've seen other heads from Callous and they look good, this particular one just seems odd, maybe it's a different sculpt or paint job or something but the one posted above does not look as good, perhaps whatever had to be done to accommodate moving eyes forced the rest of the face to look a bit different.

Maybe it's bad photography, but the head in the post at the top of this page doesn't looks as close to Ray as the one above.

Maybe it's bad photography, but the head in the post at the top of this page doesn't looks as close to Ray as the one above.

thats because they're different. the one posted on the bottom is a resculpted GG cast by callous... the eyes are NON-movable... while the one posted about is a orignial callous sculpt with moveable eyes.

Venakin is absolutely right. I was lucky enough to score one of the Callous GG rescuplts that Callous did, and that thing is pure tits! He does top notch work, and I stll want one of his tattoo-bodied mauls. I like the moving eye version too, but I agree the first one looks a bit more accurate.

Here's my Callous head:

maulhead.jpg

maulvader.jpg

And next to the GG statue that it originated from:

maulDCGGcomparison3.jpg

I figured as much, I always felt the GG cast looked great because GG's sculpt was great, but those pictures just didn't look as good. In my opinion, you're better off with the GG head.

I honestly dont see very much of ray park in the sideshow sculpt either. something about the lower part of his face, looks weird.

Both headsculpts are the same. The only difference is the eyes have been drilled out and replaced with bead eyes that can be moved. I'm sure the painted tattoos vary a little but then they did in the movie too.
maulhead.jpg

I sculpted a maul head a while ago thinking it didn't really matter so much if it really had ray parks features and I've obviously scraped that thinking in favor of the GG recast because I think it does capture ray's features and as it turns out that does matter.
Older sculpts here...
maulheads.jpg

Back