Darth Maul – STAR WARS Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth Vader (Mythos) Statue

How sure are we that this has actually sold out and this isn't another one of sideshow's marketing techniques designed to create a false sense of rarity and drum up more interest for the piece?

Only reason I ask is that an Aussie retailer I use, that are usually right on the money with this sort of thing, still have this available for pre-order. Apparently they sold their initial allocation but are expecting more later in the year. These guys always completely remove any mention of an item that has sold out from their site the moment they sell their last one, so it's very much out of the ordinary for them to just leave this up available for pre-order.

Take this to mean what you will, I'm just putting it out there that it wouldn't be the first (or last) time SS have used this sort of marketing.

How sure are we that this has actually sold out and this isn't another one of sideshow's marketing techniques designed to create a false sense of rarity and drum up more interest for the piece?

Only reason I ask is that an Aussie retailer I use, that are usually right on the money with this sort of thing, still have this available for pre-order. Apparently they sold their initial allocation but are expecting more later in the year. These guys always completely remove any mention of an item that has sold out from their site the moment they sell their last one, so it's very much out of the ordinary for them to just leave this up available for pre-order.

Take this to mean what you will, I'm just putting it out there that it wouldn't be the first (or last) time SS have used this sort of marketing.

Could mean the last batch SS has of Vader is to fulfill orders for 3rd party stores.. But I know what your saying, there has been several statues that were suppose to be sold out and out of the blue SS had them back up for sale on their web site, So I'm not really sure...

Just noticed he's on the Waitlist..

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/star-wars-darth-vader-mythos-sideshow-collectibles-200193/

We dont know whats going on inside SS. So as long as its sold-out on their site, then its sold out. Unless you get the chance to PO this guy from retailers, then buy it. Or SS wil restock then thats good news for those who didnt get it. But i personally think for an iconic character like vader and a great statue, it was expected to sold out fast no doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We dont know whats going on inside SS. So as long as its sold-out on their site, then its sold out. Unless you get the chance to PO this guy from retailers, then buy it. Or SS wil restock then thats good news for those who didnt get it. But i personally think for an iconic character like vader and a great statue, it was expected to sold out fast no doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We'll find out soon enough but Sideshow are hardly the epitome of honesty when it comes to this sort of stuff :rotfl.

Could mean the last batch SS has of Vader is to fulfill orders for 3rd party stores.. But I know what your saying, there has been several statues that were suppose to be sold out and out of the blue SS had them back up for sale on their web site, So I'm not really sure...

Just noticed he's on the Waitlist..

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/star-wars-darth-vader-mythos-sideshow-collectibles-200193/

Thanks for the link. I put myself on the WL and I seriously doubt I won't convert.

I find it amusing the nay sayers & the guys on the fence want a piece of the action, now it's a ''rare'' soldout piece.

There are a couple here on ebay for the same price as we pay at the retailer.
Only your shippin will have a high rate when you live outside europe.
Look at ebay.nl then search on mythos vader.

Sounds familiar :yess:
These people who where complaining about this is Expended Universe s.h.i.t. and all that.
Keep on crying :gah:
Your mouth is bigger than your wallet.

Justed scored it for 280€ shipped. I am still no fan of the orange overspray, but with all the positive feedback I want to take a look on it inhand by myself and decide to keep it or not.

I bought my Vader off of eBay and it has the limp arm. I just contacted SS to see if I'm eligible for a replacement with the correct arm.

Justed scored it for 280€ shipped. I am still no fan of the orange overspray, but with all the positive feedback I want to take a look on it inhand by myself and decide to keep it or not.

Congrats on the score! IMO, the orange really adds to the statue, hope you like it. If not, another collector will snag it up I'm sure.

Thanks,
I will get it much cheaper now, because the seller recognized a broken part at Vader's helmet (normal portrait). Since I will display him with the helmet in his hand this flaw was ok for me. And the price drop wasn't that bad :)

Good price, very good, I'm looking for one as well here in Europe :)

Hi friends

One question please, I hear that the units that came to Europe haven't this problem, this is true?

One reseller say to me that this problems only affects to first units sold in USA.

Can anyone say me something about this please?

Regards and many thanks

Hi friends

One question please, I hear that the units that came to Europe haven't this problem, this is true?

One reseller say to me that this problems only affects to first units sold in USA.

Can anyone say me something about this please?

Regards and many thanks

I had that discussion with my LCS when I picked up mine and he told me that most of the times the distributors in Europe have those kind of problems fixed. They usually get corrected batches because they are aware of these problems months before.
But that is just what we discussed so don't rely on what I write as 100% right because I don't want you to blame me if anything goes wrong :pfft:

...may the force be with you!
IbPG3m3.jpg

Back