Darth Maul – STAR WARS Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth Vader (Mythos) Statue

That would be the correct arm. You recognise the wrong one in how ridiculous it looks.. ;)

Jeez I haven't heard back from sideshow about my replacement correct arm. Should I be worried?

I did contact them when the first batch went out but it's been quiet. Has anyone received it yet or been included in there Darth Vader mythos box?

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Jeez I haven't heard back from sideshow about my replacement correct arm. Should I be worried?

I did contact them when the first batch went out but it's been quiet. Has anyone received it yet or been included in there Darth Vader mythos box?

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

I got mine in Dec. My dealer pre-ordered 2 and received the additional arm for both statues.

ambasah... you have all Vaders out there I believe.. whats the best Vader Statue at the moment in your opinion ?

Hey everyone, I'm new to the boards. First post here.

Just got my statue and I guess I'm having the same arm problem as everyone....

So I should e-mail sideshow??

uploaded a photo here

20140107_141756-001.jpg

Lol looked at mine close up yesterday and it looks like the light saber arm minus the light saber.... Emailed sideshow on the 8th and still haven't heard back.

ambasah... you have all Vaders out there I believe.. whats the best Vader Statue at the moment in your opinion ?

I am missing the newest GG one (on the stairs), the CM, and the real bronze versions, but have the rest.

I still like my attakus vader1 the best. The mythos is cool, but I find the paint (at least on mine) missed its mark. SS seemed to hit you over the head with the fire/lava theme. If it was done more subtely, it would have been better imho. Less is sometimes more, if you know what I mean.

Having said that, the sculpt is really nice.

yeah you speak what my guts tells me... The Attakus is also for me best .. but out of my price league .. I also can not get friendly with the orange of the mythos vader and passed on him as well..

guess my wait for the new vader PF continues...

Got mine yesterday with the fixed arm. The paint app was good. Overall sculpt is great. Will share pictures soon. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am missing the newest GG one (on the stairs), the CM, and the real bronze versions, but have the rest.

I saw the Gentle Giant "Vader on stairs" in a comic shop and thought it was atrocious. Compared to their previous statues, the proportions are completely out of whack. It looks like a bad imitator of the Kotobukiya Revenge of the Sith statue. Similar pose, but far less dynamic.

On the other hand, I think Gentle Giant's Kneeling Vader is an excellent piece, and that's what I'd recommend to anyone who doesn't want to fork over the money for the Attakus statues and doesn't like the glow effect on the Mythos.

Just scored the Kneeling Vader today...

Will be delivered shortly :)

I saw the Gentle Giant "Vader on stairs" in a comic shop and thought it was atrocious. Compared to their previous statues, the proportions are completely out of whack. It looks like a bad imitator of the Kotobukiya Revenge of the Sith statue. Similar pose, but far less dynamic.

On the other hand, I think Gentle Giant's Kneeling Vader is an excellent piece, and that's what I'd recommend to anyone who doesn't want to fork over the money for the Attakus statues and doesn't like the glow effect on the Mythos.

yeah the recent GG vader is not really good.. But, if I see it for around $100 I would grab it just to try and remain "complete". I wasn't too happy with the CM either (the pose especially) but again, if I good deal is to be had, I will bite.

My most anticipated vader is of course the "upcoming" pf, although SS has been saying that for years now.

The kneeling Vader is very nice, but this Mythos piece is head and shoulders above anything GG has done, IMHO.

The kneeling Vader is very nice, but this Mythos piece is head and shoulders above anything GG has done, IMHO.

Although I don't have the Mythos in hand yet (two more flex payments to go) I have to agree I think it will be the better statue out of the two but having them displayed together well that's just best of both worlds IMO :)

If I had to choose, I would pick anything well done representing the actual movies over anything else.

I had the kneeling one and it's fantastic as well, definitely one of the best Vader statues you can get. I preferred the Mythos but anyone getting the kneeling one is likely to be very happy as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA3ngz9AiXQ < I have a video review up there if people want to see my take on the Mythos.

There doesnt seem to be a flex option on Mythos Vader or Fett at the moment (only Maul). What gives?

Back