Darth Maul – STAR WARS Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth Vader (Mythos) Statue

I received my Vader yesterday and I'm impressed with the detail and looks of this statue. The head sculpts are great. No weird eye issues that others have mentioned. No paint issues or chips I could find. As for the pose of Vader looking at his helmet, mine looks fine. The only negative is the clinched fist issue and My shipping box had a few too many dents affecting the statues box.

do you think the orange on the cod piece to the degree i have is normal? ive seen less pronounced orange on others.

Actually I was just looking at mine and thought.... WOW BLS is way more orange. I then came down to share my thoughts and saw what you wrote.... Yeah that is way to much orange.

what are there so few pics of this from members here?

I don't think this one sold as well as the others. I think the orange was a bit off putting for more then a few fans.

I still don't think this piece was for you. Even with less orange.... Nothing wrong with that. You just wanted more of an all black.. Which I can understand and think would look cool also. You have just never been sold on the effect they were going for....... It's actually kind of funny that you got one so overdone.. Funny in an Ironic way....

Yeah, that's a lot orange, BLS. Combine that w/ googily eyes & a helmet chip & I don't blame yoy for being disheartened.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

It's actually kind of funny that you got one so overdone.. Funny in an Ironic way....

its the story of my life. :dunno

and actually i dont mind the orange too much, i mean, i dont love it but it wasnt a deal breaker for me. i was hoping to get one with less orange tho. i wish i knew how to paint, id just fix it myself. but i will probably send it back, and wait a few weeks and order another one from my wifes account and just pray.

So, is that the option SS gave you? Or you are returning because of the orange?

I'm asking because I'm asking SS about a replacement peice for the chip part on my Vader and am wondering if I won't just end up sending it all back or if they will replace the part.

I'm asking because I'm asking SS about a replacement peice for the chip part on my Vader and am wondering if I won't just end up sending it all back or if they will replace the part.

Depending on the part I have to assume they will replace it. BLS has broken parts and he hates how much orange there is. Thus he is sending it back.

well im sure it will go like this once SS contacts me.

ss: this is a hand painted item and they will all vary. there is no way to guarantee you will get one to your liking. we can replace the broken parts or you can return the entire thing for a full refund if you arent happy with it.
me: refund

Yeah... that's what I was thinking will happen to me as well. Shame cause I really like this statue.

I will pick this up once I see it in hand at my LCS. I really want to like this, but if the orange overspray is too prominent, I will sadly pass.

Sucks when you get something broken too...

When you return something like this due to defects do they pay for shipping both ways?

I've only done it on two occasions, both times they have had me destroy the piece and send a photo for proof, they then send a replacement free of charge.

For me the more I see the figure the less I notice the orange. But when I do see it I just think of it as symbolizing not just the glow from the lava he is standing on but the fire of hate, lost opportunities and lost love that is now consuming him. :huh

and so it begins........the part that pisses me off is her response about the eyes....read on....

Thank you for your email. I wanted to fallow up with you today regarding your Darth Vader Mythos statue. After taking the time to review your photos and comparing to our display on hand. I see that the orange application on this figure is consistent to our display on hand. In regards to the paint application for the eye, please know that these are hand painted and as such there will be paint variations that vary from figure to figure. With that being said I do not feel that I can send you a replacement that would be a vast improvement to the body and head that you have now.

Back