Darth Maul – STAR WARS Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth Vader (Mythos) Statue

I find the lack of Vader pics disturbing
ba6y8uge.jpg

tyqyna3y.jpg

da8e2evy.jpg

2e8ega4e.jpg

pejy7y9u.jpg

why no fist pics? because it looks damn ridicules,,,fix it SS!

Nice!! Would be much nicer with the proper switch out parts

I hate to say it... I really do.. But the more I look at this the more I feel like this may go back if they don't fix the arm issue.

Well, get ready to send it back because I highly doubt they will correct it.

When I was considering pre-ordering this, I loved the un-helmeted display option and figured if I purchased it that would be the only way I would display it, but after seeing the in hand photos, I must say that I like the helmeted style of display much better. This piece really turned out great and I hope SS gives all who have it the correct fisted arm, because it would be a shame not to have that option with how nice the helmeted display turned out. Good Luck Guys!

Thanks SS! I am less tempted to buy this otherwise awesome piece and will be waiting for the ESB Vader PF unless this is resolved. In hand pics first of course.

I must say its a major disappointment, but i honestly was planning on displaying him holding his helmet, its what took the cake for me when i originally saw this figure. Its like dark poetic art. I truly hope they respect their customer base and send a new arm, i mean as much as we pay for these figures we deserve a little respect and for the loyalty alot of us have shown sideshow even after they screw it up.

I must say its a major disappointment, but i honestly was planning on displaying him holding his helmet, its what took the cake for me when i originally saw this figure. Its like dark poetic art. I truly hope they respect their customer base and send a new arm, i mean as much as we pay for these figures we deserve a little respect and for the loyalty alot of us have shown sideshow even after they screw it up.

Yes all the display options do look great, I was just surprised how much I liked the helmeted look with the lightsaber. Can someone who has this please post a picture of the helmeted COH looking at the Helmet in hand?

I still hate the yellow paint. Looks stupid. Probably the dumbest thing SS has done. Even on Sauron its stupid. With Vader its just too much when he is holding the helmet. I got this on order but not happy about it. I'll keep Vader to complete the line. And after seeing in hand photos of Sauron with pink legs I passed.

I still hate the yellow paint. Looks stupid. Probably the dumbest thing SS has done. Even on Sauron its stupid. With Vader its just too much when he is holding the helmet. I got this on order but not happy about it. I'll keep Vader to complete the line. And after seeing in hand photos of Sauron with pink legs I passed.

It looks great on Sauron and came out great on Vader. Different strokes I suppose but as someone who has Sauron and took some damn good shots I can assure you it is a great effect.

You tell him josh man! YEAH!!!!!! Snoochie boochies! :lol

To those who already have Vader. Is the closed fist issue just a matter of the way the magnetic peg has to fit in the arm? Or to put in other terms, would it fit right if the arm was rotated to the position of the proto pics... Even if it meant modding the magnetic peg? Does that make sense? Was the arm sculpted wrong or is it just the way the peg is shaped that causes it to sit like that?

From what I read already it sounds like its the wrong arm altogether. The arm would have to be sculpted over. Not an easy fix.

What can I say. It seemed like the right time for a quote. :D

Man....I wanted to like this Vader sooooo much T_T Pair him up with my Obi mythos. But i wasn't a fan of the fire paint effects and still am not liking. Now with the wrong arm it feels like they are trying to get me to dislike it -.- Well i guess Obi alone isn't all bad....the lone wandering hermit...

Even though his alt arm looks like Vader is saying "Neato" or something cheesy (going forward I'll refer to as "Neato arm"), I still love the look of this piece. It's different. I'd never pose with that arm anyways. The statue is called Dark Reflection...what, he's standing on a mustafar rock alone surrounded in flame busting out one of his "NOOOOOO"s with his arm out? To be displayed holding mask at all times.

Great paint ap. great alt heads. Overall great pose except Neato arm. Came with hilt as promised. Instant buy for me.

Back