Darth Maul – STAR WARS Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth Vader (Mythos) Statue

Double yikes. I really hate to say it but with the just about elimination of Spooktacular and the ever growing QC issues (and getting worse customer service about said errors) its like I am watching the slow and painful demise of a once great friend.

From my limited experience, it almost seems like they grew too much, too fast and don't know how best to handle, said growth. Just a guess. Am I far off on that guess?

Sorry to hear about the mess up guys. I still haven't ordered this piece yet mostly because of funds and room. I may still order this piece but will continue to wait. I've been thinking about holding off on all PO's and waiting for in hand photos even of it means going to the aftermarker. With the money these pieces cost, I can definitely understand people wanting what they paid for. We shall see what comes of this. SSC CS has always been good to me so fingers crossed for you guys.

Man, this is getting to be ridiculous. I understand that mistakes happen from time to time but for two eff ups to happen with the first five pieces in this line is unexcusable.

There's a representative from both Kotobukyia and Gentle Giant over on the RS forum that post regularly and answers questions.....

Would it kill SS to get someone to post a update/explanation/official statement/possible solution? Anything at all :dunno

Wow, not good news. I was looking forward to him but I don't traditionally collect 1/5 so thought I would wait and see pics. Will hold off any orders until SS resolves issue or will pass on him.

That sucks. I was planning on displaying him next to my GG ROTS Vader, the pose was very similar...
e85272d1.jpg

Sideshow-Collectibles-Darth-Vader-Mythos-Statue-04.jpg

Just got around to unboxing mine to check him out. Perfection!!!! Amazing sculpt, and paints. I know the one arm is wrong, and I would've like the fist raised like in the promo pics, but when I get around to displaying him, it'll be with the Shaw head and holding the helmet. Love it. Hard as hell to get ack in the box though.

got mine today as well, except for the fist arm disappointment, everything is excellent. time to contact SS about this.

Dang very disappointing, i was gonna display with either the lightsaber hand or the power fist. i don't like the orange glow on the helmet.

I highly doubt will see a correction "power fist hand" just because its 1 of 3 interchangeable arms. Such a shame really, i find most SW fans to be the hardest of the hardcore fans in this hobby. Pretty sure now this will go to giftcards.

And jeez the shipping... holy smokes. anyone confirm Canadian shipping is 40 bucks? how big is this box?

buy locally and save :wink1:

Yikes, just read about the mess up. Sup SS?

My fav is Vader looking at the helmet so I'll pick this up anyway....one day, for a good price.

I agree that with the snafu and very bloated edition size, the thing to do for a poor chap like myself is wait it out and get a better deal than retail down the line. Hate to wait, but it seems like the wisest decision. And here I was anticipating a grand slam, and subsequent sell out...

yep... I'm waiting for now as well.

Might just wait for the ESB PF. ;)

Just got off of LiveChat with them, got the "send pictures to this email and wait 3-5 days" runaround. Maybe there is a better technique to get answers from them through LiveChat, but that was my experience just now.

I'll update if they get back to me!

I find the lack of Vader pics disturbing
ba6y8uge.jpg

tyqyna3y.jpg

da8e2evy.jpg

2e8ega4e.jpg

pejy7y9u.jpg

why no fist pics? because it looks damn ridicules,,,fix it SS!

Love it. It's amazing how different camera angles show the fire effect.

Back