Darth Maul – STAR WARS Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth Vader (Mythos) Statue

My preferred pose is helmet and saber for most of the time. Mainly because I don't have a another Vader, and I'm not loving the current PF so waiting for a good, affordable Vader 1:4 to hopefully come. When that happens, I will probably change the display of this one to looking at helmet. But even though that is the "main pose" of this statue, all of them looks (looked) great! We just want to actually get the whole product we ordered, even if the fist was my least preferred pose.

I don't have another Vader either and there is no way I am posing this one with the helmet on. This statue is made for the helmet off pose and that's how mine is going to stay. But I would like that corrected fist just in case.

Honestly I think that a few people are missing the point - I suppose that most of us like the idea of changing display from time to time, don't we? That's one of the reasons why this statue really caught me, the main reason is the new point of view on Vader - he's not in the same two poses he has in all the other statues. Another reason was for the great number of possible displays that all the pieces granted, which, imho, justified its high price (for a 1/5 piece, even a big one, the price is high).
And the fist mistake just takes away a part of displaying options imho.

I'm definitely one of the people who would probably not have displayed Vader with the clinched fist, so my opinion is probably a little different. With that said, doesn't every product prototype and pre-order have a disclosure somewhere about final product may vary from prototype? I think we generally think of pretty small differences and not a missing hilt or a sideways fist, but the principle I think is the same. I would not cancel or return this statue based on that, but completely respect those that do because that's the beauty of collecting, it's up to the individual to decide what is acceptable.

I have no expection of a $25 credit or a second forearm shipped later on. If it happens, great. If not, my helmet-less Vader will be displayed with pride next to Obi-Wan. Speaking of, anyone else planning on synching up the Shaw/Guiness and Hayden/Ewan heads when switching back and forth? I know I am!

I'll probably keep the Shaw head on if I can tell the difference between them when I get it. I sure can't tell very well from the pictures.

How on earth would this have got past QC

Sideshow's QC is a complete joke.

I honestly have no idea how you guys can keep ordering from Sideshow. With their track record how can you guys not be complete nervous wrecks waiting for your piece to come in and hope it doesn't have any flaws or screw ups? With the prices you guys pay for these things Sideshow's QC and their customer care track record is unacceptable.

Nothing will ever change with this company if you guys don't take a stand against Sideshow and tell them they need to make some changes or you guys will split.

I'm already out and it feels so good! :blissy

Sideshow's QC is a complete joke.

I honestly have no idea how you guys can keep ordering from Sideshow. With their track record how can you guys not be complete nervous wrecks waiting for your piece to come in and hope it doesn't have any flaws or screw ups? With the prices you guys pay for these things Sideshow's QC and their customer care track record is unacceptable.

Nothing will ever change with this company if you guys don't take a stand against Sideshow and tell them they need to make some changes or you guys will split.

I'm already out and it feels so good! :blissy

Thanks for sharing. :lol

Dang very disappointing, i was gonna display with either the lightsaber hand or the power fist. i don't like the orange glow on the helmet.

I highly doubt will see a correction "power fist hand" just because its 1 of 3 interchangeable arms. Such a shame really, i find most SW fans to be the hardest of the hardcore fans in this hobby. Pretty sure now this will go to giftcards.

And jeez the shipping... holy smokes. anyone confirm Canadian shipping is 40 bucks? how big is this box?

I wonder how easy or hard it would be to remove the hands from the arms. If Someone could customize it so I could switch out clenched fist hand and Helmet hand since both see to be on the same arm in the pics.

Dang very disappointing, i was gonna display with either the lightsaber hand or the power fist. i don't like the orange glow on the helmet.

I highly doubt will see a correction "power fist hand" just because its 1 of 3 interchangeable arms. Such a shame really, i find most SW fans to be the hardest of the hardcore fans in this hobby. Pretty sure now this will go to giftcards.

And jeez the shipping... holy smokes. anyone confirm Canadian shipping is 40 bucks? how big is this box?

I dunno but the shipping to here is $35

I've already written to Alex on this forum's Ask Sideshow thread. And I was dead serious when I said that I won't place another new order from them if they pull the same '25$ refund' or 'Return for full refund' stunt. As Bruce Wayne would say, 'I'm not afraid...I'm angry'!

Really happy with the paint application but a screw up on this magnitude is really unacceptable, really glad i didn't PO this because be really pissed like the hilt fiasco with obiwan. Highly doubt will see sideshow make 5000 arm replacements let alone make 2500 hilts.

Damnit i really wanted a vader in my collection... grrr... i'd need to think on this one.

Guys if you dont like it dont buy it. As simple as that. Only way sideshow would reconize this is to not buy this statue.

I on the other hand am still buying this statue. Love it!!

I'm still very excited to get him I just hope there will be some satisfactory resolution to this error.

I just cought up on this and what should I say.. looks like they focused to much on the hilt this time to get that right so they screwed up another thing ! :D

I dont have this statue on order .. and also not sure if you guys .. AGAIN.. would justify to pay for something that should have been done right in the first place.

I doubt that sideshow will replace any of this or make correct ones in a nother batch.. did someone contacted SSC about this matter already and got back a offical statement ?

Besides that.. if you really want another arm.. I can look it into.. but I think it will be difficult without the statue.

Can someone post some pictures how it looks when the arm is detached ? I need pictures also from the sockets as well..

sorry for all the frustration lately.. I have issues myself.. I got a broken Malgus.. . and my LS is not lighting up.. the second one is not working either and now they wont send me another one anymore..
My faceplace from my 3Po was not even in the box.. and the one they send me is a bit different color tone then the body.. dont now whats going on with SSC but Im not happy myself

Double yikes. I really hate to say it but with the just about elimination of Spooktacular and the ever growing QC issues (and getting worse customer service about said errors) its like I am watching the slow and painful demise of a once great friend.

Back