Darth Maul – STAR WARS Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth Vader (Mythos) Statue

first when I saw all the pictures posted, i was thinking look at all these retards putting the arm on wrong. then they started saying it was how it was made, my reaction....
3qcs2f.jpg

It does not match the product photos. NO WAY is this intentional.

I just cant see how such a massive mistake made it through the gate

SS absolutely had to know about this before sending it to customers... How can they not?

So if what you saying is correct and it is a mistake SS has just decided to run with it?

SS QC " Customers will just like what we tell them to like"

I just cant see how such a massive mistake made it through the gate

SS absolutely had to know about this before sending it to customers... How can they not?

So if what you saying is correct and it is a mistake SS has just decided to run with it?

SS QC " Customers will just like what we tell them to like"

It's sloppy. A major QA failure.

It's sloppy. A major QA failure.

QA failure or not my point is someone at SS knew about it and chose to ignore it and just send it out anyway with no prior notice or explanation

I'm sure their logic is people will just shut up and have to accept it or send it back and they are banking on people just shutting up and accepting it

In saying all of this fist fiasco and all I will still be getting it as I will be displaying it with Shaw head looking at mask....

I guess I am still a bit raw with SS as I am still trying to resolve my Kenobi issues as we speak!!!

This is the last thing I have on order... if they keep screwing things up like this I may keep it that way.

QA failure or not my point is someone at SS knew about it and chose to ignore it and just send it out anyway with no prior notice or explanation

I'm sure their logic is people will just shut up and have to accept it or send it back and they are banking on people just shutting up and accepting it

In saying all of this fist fiasco and all I will still be getting it as I will be displaying it with Shaw head looking at mask....

I guess I am still a bit raw with SS as I am still trying to resolve my Kenobi issues as we speak!!!

I don't know if they knew or not. They should have known. It's their job to know.

if there's no official solution for this statue, I won't order any SS stuff in the future.

It's kind of annoying how every statue in this line except the Gammorean Executioner has had some sort of screw-up. Darth Maul had the head that was painted glossier than the body. Obi-Wan had the missing lightsaber hilt. Boba Fett is a total crapshoot as to whether the weapons arrive bent or not. And now this debacle with the arm on Vader.

hope SS prove us wrong & DO something about it. they keep screw up without even bother to correct their mistakes.

It's kind of annoying how every statue in this line except the Gammorean Executioner has had some sort of screw-up. Darth Maul had the head that was painted glossier than the body. Obi-Wan had the missing lightsaber hilt. Boba Fett is a total crapshoot as to whether the weapons arrive bent or not. And now this debacle with the arm on Vader.

the executioner had a problem. many had issues with the ex or regular head not fitting correctly.

this arm debacle is just another in a long line of sideshow qc issues. they don't care about customers anymore and close accounts for no reason so be careful when you call to complain or you could be next.

if there's no official solution for this statue, I won't order any SS stuff in the future.

they do not care.

I don't know if they knew or not. They should have known. It's their job to know.

they knew they just do not care. why should they when they get your money either way.

this arm debacle is just another in a long line of sideshow qc issues. they don't care about customers anymore and close accounts for no reason so be careful when you call to complain or you could be next.

Wow I have not heard of this before.....

I can't believe that SS has done it again. Another screwup/change. This is beyond ridiculous with the money we are all spending with them. Everyone needs to complain to them and stop accepting this crap. I for one will be happy if another company kicks their butts and take the Star Wars license away from them. At this point it is obvious that their quality control sucks and that they don't care about the customers. Don't think I'll be with SS much longer. Unacceptable......Unacceptable...:horror

I can see it being a mistake since at one time his arm was going to be in that pose, as per the WIP photos.

So perhaps that is how the mess up happened.

I don't know if it's cutting corners if the fist would have fit on the helmet holding arm just fine.

My guess is that they messed up and they will fix it for future releases. Where that leaves us who are getting it early, I just don't know.

I'm not one of the most picky customers and I didn't plan on displaying him with this hand either, at least not for most of the time. But it's the principle of getting what you are paying for. This hand has been advertised as a part of the statue and for many the preferred pose. Now, either we display him with or without the hand, we don't get what we paid for. And that's an important principle. It's not like it's a small detail, the hand is completely different (without ANY notice) and the pose now looks ridiculous. For such a big, un-announced change (they must have known about it, being intentionally or not), Sideshow HAVE to do something officially. This is too much to get silently away with.

I'll be honest, I'm going to keep it anyway and overall it's a great statue despite the fact that Sideshow literally have deceived their customers. But if something is not done to fix this issue, it will affect my view of Sideshow as a manufacturer and my future statue priorities. They may not care about it as long as enough people still buy their products but this kind of customer service over a longer period of time will affect their sales and license agreements, I'm sure about it. Let's just hope they may decide to look at this long-term and not just short-term profit.

I think it was a mistake at the factory.
Instead of delaying the whole run they just went with it. Maybe offer us the arm shipped later on?

I understand that customers aren't happy when the end result is not similar to the prototype they pre-ordered..

That said, I'm absolutely flabbergasted by the number of people here that were planning on displaying Vader helmeted with his "power fist" pose.

Seriously? I'd say the only point of that statue in the first place is the "staring at helmet" pose. Why? Well first of all the statue itself is called "Dark Contemplations" and the power fist doesn't look contemplative at all, even if it didn't look like he just snatched his car keys in mid-air.

Second, there's approximatively a zillion Vader statues with some kind of choke / fist / zap / threaten fist poses so like some other people said you really should get another statue if all you cared about was that particular pose (since people are seemingly mass cancelling now because of that detail).

Just my two Republic credits (and they're worthless on Tatooine..)

I understand that customers aren't happy when the end result is not similar to the prototype they pre-ordered..

That said, I'm absolutely flabbergasted by the number of people here that were planning on displaying Vader helmeted with his "power fist" pose.

Seriously? I'd say the only point of that statue in the first place is the "staring at helmet" pose. Why? Well first of all the statue itself is called "Dark Contemplations" and the power fist doesn't look contemplative at all, even if it didn't look like he just snatched his car keys in mid-air.

Second, there's approximatively a zillion Vader statues with some kind of choke / fist / zap / threaten fist poses so like some other people said you really should get another statue if all you cared about was that particular pose (since people are seemingly mass cancelling now because of that detail).

Don't have any of the other Zillian Vader statues. I love the overall look of this statue. In all it's forms.

Had I not got a defective Obi Wan statue that I had to send back then I would have displayed Vader without his helmet. To show where both "friends" had ended up. Or if I had more then one Vader I would display him without the helmet more often.

Alas I don't have room for more then one Vader, I got a wonky eyed Obi Wan and this Vader IMO with his helmet on and fist raised is the best Vader out there. I love the look of his battle torn cloths and the lava effect.

Now it's still a great Vader. Just not the best and not what I ordered.

I just want what I paid for,, nothing more nothing less :peace . What makes this vader special (for me) is the variety of display options, so instead of buying two or three vaders, I buy one and change the display from time to time. now SS crossed one of the display options by their continuous lack of QC :slap

bKxOByd.jpg

I won't lie..... Looking at this photo I feel I will have no issue displaying him with the Saber.

But that is my worst case scenario.

Back