Darth Maul – STAR WARS Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth Vader (Mythos) Statue

I think I'd like two of these one to display with helmet off and one with classic Vader look

I agree that this is definitely one of the most thought provoking statues that SSC has ever produced. I really think they have outdone themselves with this line. I don't normally want "battle-damaged" but I wouldn't want this piece any other way because it is part of what really makes this statue special.

As for the licence run of 5000, from what I've seen, it is entirely possible that the run could end much sooner if interest wanes since they are producing them in batches. Then again, I wonder if there is a maximum time limit on when the license for a given statue must end. Can they keep producing limited runs of this piece over 2+ years or are they limited to selling as many as they can over a set number of months before being forced to destroy the castings?

I only have Darth Maul right now and am awaiting Vader but you guys are really making me think about picking up Obi-Wan as well. Unfortunately, I won't be able to get the whole line but do feel that SSC had done a spectacular job with this line thus far. Really hoping they find a way to bring us a Mythos Yoda in the near future although he would likely be too small at this scale. :(

Maybe they could do a Yoda talking to a small “force ghost” Qui-Gon.

I'm sure some of the characters that will be launched with this series wont fit everyones idea of what they want. This line jumps into the EU and not everyone is on board with some of the post-film character developments that transpired. Especially as they seem to gather concepts from multiple places (books, comics, etc.).

Personally, I love the concept. I like that SS has rolled the dice on some outside-the-box concepts for these characters. They are taking chances with this line, knowing that a nice clean shiny Vader will sell. This is what a one-of-a-kind piece will look like. This is the most introspective Vader Ive ever seen. The most battle damaged. Standing over Mustafar flame looking into the eyes of his own cage...I love it!

It doesn't get much better than this. I have no complaints.

SS, go ahead and make another "throne room battle stance" or "standing upright holding his belt" Vader for anyone looking for something more generic. For me, please keep this line going!

Well said :hi5:

I'm sure some of the characters that will be launched with this series wont fit everyones idea of what they want. This line jumps into the EU and not everyone is on board with some of the post-film character developments that transpired. Especially as they seem to gather concepts from multiple places (books, comics, etc.).

Personally, I love the concept. I like that SS has rolled the dice on some outside-the-box concepts for these characters. They are taking chances with this line, knowing that a nice clean shiny Vader will sell. This is what a one-of-a-kind piece will look like. This is the most introspective Vader Ive ever seen. The most battle damaged. Standing over Mustafar flame looking into the eyes of his own cage...I love it!

SS, go ahead and make another "throne room battle stance" or "standing upright holding his belt" Vader for anyone looking for something more generic. For me, please keep this line going!

EXACTLY. 1000 times over.

He's in the newsletter as coming soon. :) Let's just hope that's not 'coming soon' in droid time..

If you want a clean undamaged Vader in this format I'm sure there are people out there that will fix this piece up for you at a cost.

For me, I like seeing something different for a change.

Absolutely. This Vader statue, like the Mythos Obi-Wan, sparks the imagination.

Agreed. I just wish they would tone down the overspray a bit.

I'm hoping that Sideshow pulls off the glowing effect on this one, the paint app will make or break it. :lecture

I want a clean Vader as well and will get one some day (are the rumours about a new PF true??) but am more than happy with this as part of the Mythos line. But I'm pretty sure I will display mine with helmet and lightsaber most of the time.

If any rumors are true I hope we get an ESB version of Vader, :pray:

:exactly: :lecture :goodpost:

Me too, a clean ESB PF version of Vader with great pose and sculpt would make my day. I'm not a big fan of the current PF, and the cinemaquette is way out of my league. A clean Vader would also allow me to display the Mythos with Anakin head and helmet in his hand. But it'll come one day, no worries about that. Now I'm just looking forward to getting my first Vader statue. :)

found this in instagram ,, looks great!!
asyhyqe8.jpg

If thats the actual production piece then it looks great excet for a little too much orange on the helmet. I am guessing each will be a little different so who knows.

That pic looks great, Hemooo! :rock

Now let's hope that the production run is awesome! :pray:

Me too, a clean ESB PF version of Vader with great pose and sculpt would make my day. I'm not a big fan of the current PF, and the cinemaquette is way out of my league. A clean Vader would also allow me to display the Mythos with Anakin head and helmet in his hand. But it'll come one day, no worries about that. Now I'm just looking forward to getting my first Vader statue. :)

I hear ya on that one, bro!

I'm wishing for a great pose and sculpt too! :rock

That pic looks good hemoo. I gonna try to see this in person before I pull the trigger. Nervous about him and sauron with this new paint technique.

also not ordered here.. the orange is bothering me also on the production piece somehow :( specially on the helmet

also not ordered here.. the orange is bothering me also on the production piece somehow :( specially on the helmet

One way to legitimize the reflections shown in the picture above is to consider the difference in the reflectivity of the materials. I'm not sure if Sideshow really considered this when they did their paint app, but I do think that the highly polished metal helmet would reflect much more direct light towards the 'viewer' than his dirty, burned leather boots and wool cape would.

This is why I choose to see the above pictures paint app as being okay, and also realistic, but thats just my 2 cents! :dunno :)

My final FlexPay isn't until October 5th. Has he been delayed a month?

Back