Darth Maul – STAR WARS Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth Vader (Mythos) Statue

I still don't feel the over-spray is needed. It would work if you display it with a light source to show the reflection. But in a setting like this the over-spray makes no sense. It basically says Sauron is standing over fire, but where is the fire.

It works I can assure you of that.

^^^

No offense to the photographer, but that is not a very good photo. I am sure Sideshow will knock this one out of the park just like they have with all the other statues in the Mythos line.

Flash makes the effect not look good. I'm sure like Sauron we will see Vader come out looking good.

Repost a couple of shots from comic-con

IMG_4788.jpg

IMG_4784.jpg

IMG_4778.jpg

A pic of Sauron for comparison

IMG_4544.jpg

Quoting myself so people can remember what it looks like with no flash.

I would not count on those because these are prototypes

Josh is smart!

What if Vader came with light up lava! Kinda like Freddy's surprise light up base, only oranger?

Josh is smart!

What if Vader came with light up lava! Kinda like Freddy's surprise light up base, only oranger?

Somedays I am. :lol

If done right it could look cool. There's always a fine line between light up effects looking good and not.

Very true, and I'm more apt to never use the feature myself, so then Vader would always have a glow overspray above dark rocks in my case. Forget I said anything.

He's still the only Mythos I have not ordered.

I'd use it every so often but then it would stay off like all the other times. :lol

Very true, and I'm more apt to never use the feature myself, so then Vader would always have a glow overspray above dark rocks in my case. Forget I said anything.

He's still the only Mythos I have not ordered.

Wait... didn't you have like, no mythos ordered just a few months ago? :stick

Also i'm a sucker for light-up. It started with lava lamps :)

I ordered the bulk of Mythos between the last week of February and the first week of March I think. Around the time when it seemed that Maul was sold out, because I actually had a wait list for him. So it may have been a month earlier than I'm remembering. I'm just not sold on Vader 100%, where the other four are all exceptional.

I own the Obi Mythos personally and really want a companion piece for him. Wasn't a fan of the other Mythos characters till Vader. But then i saw his paint job -.-. If he does look like the prototype though i just might reconsider.

Just got my 21 days shipping notice! Cannot wait to see this piece in hand!!
:hi5:

I own the Obi Mythos personally and really want a companion piece for him. Wasn't a fan of the other Mythos characters till Vader. But then i saw his paint job -.-. If he does look like the prototype though i just might reconsider.

While it may not make any obvious story sense, Shaak Ti looks great next to him as a companion piece.... and then there are those Droids who claim he used to own them....

Last edited:
Back