Darth Maul – STAR WARS Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still waiting since they seem to have plenty in hope of a little bit lesser price from other sellers or online stores who might get them from International sellers. they have not even mention edition size yet. So it's going to be plenty.

okay so is this weird? I have never watched a star wars movie in my life, (Dont kill me for this.) Its not that I dont like it but It is just one of those things that I never got around to checking out. But I love some of the characters, from the way they are designed. And I actually pre ordered this piece because I think he is the best looking star wars character I personally have ever seen. I just think it is such an amazing statue. is that weird? lol

Go watch Star Wars right now..and no, it's not weird to buy a character from a movie you've never seen.

Especially when it's the most badass looking character in the entire series.

okay so is this weird? I have never watched a star wars movie in my life, (Dont kill me for this.) Its not that I dont like it but It is just one of those things that I never got around to checking out. But I love some of the characters, from the way they are designed. And I actually pre ordered this piece because I think he is the best looking star wars character I personally have ever seen. I just think it is such an amazing statue. is that weird? lol

Whats weird is that you've never watched a Star Wars movie :pfft:
But its not weird to like something you see from materials you don't know. I saw a statue that I found out was from a video game of a character called Akuma on someones collection in the show your collection sub-forum. I have no knowledge of the character or video game, but I've been EBay stalking pieces of this badass. Sometimes you just gotta go with what your gut tells you.

banned.gif
:thud:
mob.gif

J/K
BEG.gif

It's weird that you say it's not because you don't like it that you've never seen a Star Wars movie before. How would you know if you like it or not without seeing it. That does not compute. :lol

It's weird that you say it's not because you don't like it that you've never seen a Star Wars movie before. How would you know if you like it or not without seeing it. That does not compute. :lol

the statue? I like the statue and how that character looks. But I know nothing about star wars! I never said I dont like the movies, How could I not like something I never saw? ya know. I am just talking about the darth maul statue and how it looks so awsome.:dunno

I would never get rid of my Red Skull PF and until I got it I had never even heard of him (I didn't follow Captain America at all) so it happens.

Absolutely not weird. These statues are works of art that can stand up on their own. Knowing the source material and being a fan of it usually implies an increased appreciation for the statue in your collection...but it's def not a necessity. I'm kind of in the same boat where I'm not the BIGGEST Star Wars fan, but I PO'ed this one day one. I hands down love Darth Mauls general design and this statue makes him shine IMO. No shame in buying anything you like, no matter how much you know or don't about the character.

I also PO'ed Judge Dredd under the same circumstances...not the biggest fan but sure as hell am for the statue. Dredd busting off rounds while he's stepping on one of his victims...EPIC. :thud:

Short and simple, buy what you like. :wink1:

No, he was talking about me. I was the one who brought up the scale concern. Like you said, if he disagrees with me and doesn't care whether or not it's 1/5..he shouldn't start insulting me. I didn't even acknowledge his existence prior to his "nitpicking weirdo" comment. :dunno

And it's frustrating when your whole point is just paved over with "nitpicking". I'm just nitpicking. I just like to come here and complain about these statues. If I have anything negative to say about them, any small concerns based on this company's past, I'm a nitpicker. :rolleyes:

Moron hardly seemed "out of line".

..and that other guy just went berserk with the cussing for even less reasoning :lol

I really hope this statue is in 1/5 scale, because I'm very interested in it. :panic:

LOLZ what a crybaby. "He made fun of me first! Don't yell at me, it's not my fault! waaaah!"

Toolboxes like you are why so many people on other forums laugh at this place.

You get an amazing statue like this Maul and you're crying about 2".

The only thing 2" matters about is the size of your peener, not a Darth Maul statue.

Put things in perspective and get a grip, sweetheart.

...why do people insist on bringing this up again? :dunno

LOLZ what a crybaby. "He made fun of me first! Don't yell at me, it's not my fault! waaaah!"

Toolboxes like you are why so many people on other forums laugh at this place.

You get an amazing statue like this Maul and you're crying about 2".

The only thing 2" matters about is the size of your peener, not a Darth Maul statue.

Put things in perspective and get a grip, sweetheart.
So, if someone insults me and I insult them back..I'm a crybaby?
You're insulting me right now, after this argument has been dead for over a week..what does that make you?

Everythings all fine and dandy..then YOU, not me, YOU randomly pop up and start insulting me. An entire week or so after the argument ended. So that would make YOU the reason ____ like this is always happening.

And I have no idea where you get "2 inches" from. My issue was with it possibly being 1/6 scale, instead of 1/5 scale which it is listed as. A common problem among Sideshow products.

I love the statue, I love Maul, pose is awesome, sculpt is awesome..but I simply don't want to own it if it's 1/6 scale.

That's it. It's really just that simple. Small concern based on past experiences, and all of you run to the computer as fast as you can with your torches and pitchforks ready to troll and defend Sideshow to death.

All because I said I think it looks closer to 1/6 scale. Dear ____ing god... :thud:

...why do people insist on bringing this up again? :dunno

So, if someone insults me and I insult them back..I'm a crybaby?
You're insulting me right now, after this argument has been dead for over a week..what does that make you?

Everythings all fine and dandy..then YOU, not me, YOU randomly pop up and start insulting me. An entire week or so after the argument ended. So that would make YOU the reason ____ like this is always happening.

And I have no idea where you get "2 inches" from. My issue was with it possibly being 1/6 scale, instead of 1/5 scale which it is listed as. A common problem among Sideshow products.

I love the statue, I love Maul, pose is awesome, sculpt is awesome..but I simply don't want to own it if it's 1/6 scale.

That's it. It's really just that simple. Small concern based on past experiences, and all of you run to the computer as fast as you can with your torches and pitchforks ready to troll and defend Sideshow to death.

All because I said I think it looks closer to 1/6 scale. Dear ____ing god... :thud:

I agree size matters to me. 2 inches is very important. I like mines bigger to fit in with the rest of my scale statues. If it's 1/6 then pass for me.

hey dude. yes you. the figure ain't out yet. too many panic buttons being pushed here. get a life ok? cry later when this is released and it doesn't meet your standards. haters, don't buy. those who like the final scale, buy it. don't over complicate things.

I assume this is mostly directed at me...

hey dude. yes you. the figure ain't out yet. too many panic buttons being pushed here. get a life ok? cry later when this is released and it doesn't meet your standards. haters, don't buy. those who like the final scale, buy it. don't over complicate things.
I haven't shed one tear over this. I have a life. I'm not a hater. I'll probably be buying it.

Now..can we all act like grown ups and move on? :dunno

The shop I go to is Sideshow's largest seller in Western Canada for sure, maybe all of it, so can get stuff directly from them even if its a SS Ex :yess:

my local dealer wasn't able to get it. I ordered direct, but it would be cool to know for future releases in this line. link please?

Back