Darth Maul – STAR WARS Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth Vader (Mythos) Statue

Is it orange on top? Looks much better though pose wise, congratulations on being the first proper Vader owner. ;)

mpeG6d9.jpg

6HzPQLe.jpg

Fist arm looks great! :clap

Mine arrives next Tuesday.

New arm is great. Wonder if all the ones in the warehouse are going to get the new arm before being shipped?

I would guess any that are all ready boxed up will just get this sent seperate but if they are not boxed up yet I bet they will swap them out.

I would guess any that are all ready boxed up will just get this sent seperate but if they are not boxed up yet I bet they will swap them out.

I'm wainting to get this in the near future and want the correct arm for sure.

As far as the paint being on the wrong side of the first - I think it is okay.

Just going by the base of the statue he seems to be designed to be displayed viewed from the angle of this pic:

mpeG6d9.jpg

So with that in mind, the orange glow is 'correct' from the vantage point of the intended viewer.

Also, what I mean about the base comment is the 2 circular steps that encircle the base has a low and a high point. I believe positioning the statue turned to that the lowest point is in the front center is how Sideshow meant for him to be displayed.

I have the opportunity to buy this, but before I do I want to be safe with my purchase. What exactly is wrong with the first arm it originally shipped with? I want to make sure that I will be getting the new corrected replacement. I would also appreciate if you guys can give me a heads up on any other flaws/detail I need to look out for as well

I have the opportunity to buy this, but before I do I want to be safe with my purchase. What exactly is wrong with the first arm it originally shipped with? I want to make sure that I will be getting the new corrected replacement. I would also appreciate if you guys can give me a heads up on any other flaws/detail I need to look out for as well

It didnt ship with the Power of the force arm, and most problems with it is it has to much orange. If you can get it do it. people with all the problems are the normal amount with any statues. Also all the arms are being sent out by sideshow and the problem is resolved.

He will be next order hopefully with christmas money!

Seems to me that all arms are made up of 2 main parts which are assembled at the factory:
An arm (with the magnetic connector) and the gloved hand (with or without a prop)

There are the three different sculpts of the gloved hand: fist, lightsaber, and helmet.
And there are two different sculpts of the arm: one bending up and one bending sideways.

It appears that the fist which was supposed to be attached to the arm which bends upwards was erroneously attached to the arm bending sideways.

So in essence, we get a bonus arm...

Last edited:

Hmm I got no notification about this shipping. I'll contact sideshow monday to make sure I'll receiving one.

Looks awesome, but him holding his helmet as grown on me.

I contacted Sideshow about the replacement arm on Thursday and was told they had only gotten a small batch in and had sent them out depending on your place in line. Hoping mine goes out with the next batch.

Let's hope those of us who haven't received our statue at all get the right arm when it comes

I'm wainting to get this in the near future and want the correct arm for sure.

Same here.

Should we complain that they got the orange paint on the wrong side of the fist ;) I am not going to.... I like that you can see the black on the fist facing us.

Still have not received my shipping notice :(

It's clear that the orange shading was put on to match the 'aw shucks' arm but they changed the connector so now the arm is in the correct 'power of the force' pose but with paint a bit misplaced.
Looks a 1000 times better though.

Anyone know if I order this piece off SS will I know get the correct arm?

Is everyone that already owns this piece getting the corrected arm?

I am sure if you order it now you will get the correct arm. Maybe not in the box but they will get it to you somehow.

And I got my correct arm today and it looks great... I'll still probably never pose him with it but its nice to have the option.

Back