Darkseid Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can say that all of us complaining about QC issues are very few. Which could be true. Could not be as well. The last several pieces I've received I've had issues with. I had to have bats cape and short eared head replaced. Once I got those, I had to replace the long eared head because it didn't fit in the head slot. Those are QC issues. Depending on who you get to contact for these issues at SS. You will sometimes get offered a credit or you can return. Because as a buyer, I'm overly demanding for wanting a product that I can display all the parts on. It's like saying buying a PS4 for $400, I can't expect to be able to play all the games for it. Because there are variances in manufacturing the product. There may not be rampant issues, but that doesn't mean there aren't issues. I've been lucky enough for the longest time to get flawless pieces. But lately, every piece I've received I've had to contact and either accept as is, because no replacements, or return for a refund. Because SS won't replace the whole piece, due to not having one that's any better. Meaning, we can but you may get one with more issues and they won't replace then.

For me, this price has been used on statues around 30 inches tall. Apocalypse and Gladiator Hulk. Lobo is 28 inches, and still under $600. DS is 1/2 an inch taller than Supes. He may be wider. We're used to paying $600 for these very large pieces. Hulk will dwarf DS. This $200 up charge, what is is based off? Difficulty in the cast? Cost of Materials? Shipping difficulty? Size of the piece? If Aquaman is standing 28 inches with his trident, will he cost $600 too? Like I've said, I expected $600. I also expected a very simple low base and DS standing taller than Supes. Vader is 26.5 inches tall, and 16 inches wide, weighs 5 more pounds, with a light up feature, and running $500. I would think adding lights to a piece is fairly difficult, Shouldn't Vader be $700? That's thing for me, there seems to be no standard to the pricing. SS could have asked $700 for DS, and we'd still be having these discussions.

4"-6" of Vader's height is base and a ton of his "width" is Lightsabre and if adding lights were that difficult then every piece with a light-up feature would be priced like it were, as is Green lantern was $350 when it came out. You're not making valid points with the measurements.

4"-6" of Vader's height is base and a ton of his "width" is Lightsabre and if adding lights were that difficult then every piece with a light-up feature would be priced like it were, as is Green lantern was $350 when it came out. You're not making valid points with the measurements.

you ordering this Josh? oh, and what is ur honest take...$600 justified price?

you ordering this Josh? oh, and what is ur honest take...$600 justified price?

Honestly, I think both this and Lobo are over priced, this by about $50 and Lobo by about the same. Then again after seeing the detailing and size of G Hulk I think people got Hosed on Apocalypse too. Unfortunately I don't get to make the prices. As for if I'm order, absolutely, I have about 3k in RP waiting and near another 3k that should hit the account right after SDCC, so if the EX holds out that long, I'll snag him for about $300. :lol

Honestly, I think both this and Lobo are over priced, this by about $50 and Lobo by about the same. Then again after seeing the detailing and size of G Hulk I think people got Hosed on Apocalypse too. Unfortunately I don't get to make the prices. As for if I'm order, absolutely, I have about 3k in RP waiting and near another 3k that should hit the account right after SDCC, so if the EX holds out that long, I'll snag him for about $300. :lol

Fair enough...yea, RP makes the hit a lot easier:lol

I was well aware of DC's dimensions for DS going in. I guess what i'm trying to say is this.

Michael Keaton's Batman was 6 foot tall, Batflecks batman is going to be 6'4 - 6'5. Now days DS might be over 8 feet tall but he wasn't always and will continue to change in future.

All I know is I have a kick ass Superman PF and I want every subsequent PF relating to his universe to match in size, style, presence and design and to me this DS PF depicts that perfectly. If the Superman PF is about 6 foot 3 or 4 and someone mentioned that the DS PF makes him 6 foot 8 to 7 feet tall, than that's a massive size difference well within my personal perspective as to how the 2 should be in real life. Excellent in my opinion.

I'm 6 foot 3 and have stood next to people 6'8-7 feet tall many times and the difference is huge, they might as well be 9 feet tall. Don't get me wrong,I'll still kick there ass's :)LOL

Anyways, I hope I make sense with my analogies some how :)

At the same time, he is WAY smaller than what DC says Darkseid's height is. Take it for what you will...

Yea, in the end, if ur happy with it, that's all that matters. With every piece SSC releases with a highly debatable price point, I get a bit more annoyed because there is no end in sight for how much they raise prices. Even $400 for some PFs feels high to me but I can stomach it at that price point. Vader, Darkseid, Lobo are just way too much IMO for what you're getting. I just hope at SOME POINT, people stop buying so that they realize they've gone too far.

For me, this price has been used on statues around 30 inches tall. Apocalypse and Gladiator Hulk. Lobo is 28 inches, and still under $600. DS is 1/2 an inch taller than Supes. He may be wider. We're used to paying $600 for these very large pieces. Hulk will dwarf DS. This $200 up charge, what is is based off? Difficulty in the cast? Cost of Materials? Shipping difficulty? Size of the piece? If Aquaman is standing 28 inches with his trident, will he cost $600 too? Like I've said, I expected $600. I also expected a very simple low base and DS standing taller than Supes. Vader is 26.5 inches tall, and 16 inches wide, weighs 5 more pounds, with a light up feature, and running $500. I would think adding lights to a piece is fairly difficult, Shouldn't Vader be $700? That's thing for me, there seems to be no standard to the pricing. SS could have asked $700 for DS, and we'd still be having these discussions.

There are some products where there are standard pricing practices...IMHO they don't exist for discretionary collectible products. At the end of the day, companies charge a final price based on what they believe will maximize their revenues and profits. And if you don't like the $600 price point for this piece, SS is betting there are enough Darkseid fans that will purchase this piece at that price.

I hear ya, Fortuneteller for me, the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter. I need me just a few more of bats staple villeins (Penguin, Freeze, Two Face and you get the idea) and hopefully a descent Lex Luthor and an awesome Lois Lane for Sups universe and I'm over and done with my PF collection.

It's time to get that Corvette/Ferrari I've been dreaming of all my life:)

Got to have an exit plan, cant collect PF's forever :)

Yea, in the end, if ur happy with it, that's all that matters. With every piece SSC releases with a highly debatable price point, I get a bit more annoyed because there is no end in sight for how much they raise prices. Even $400 for some PFs feels high to me but I can stomach it at that price point. Vader, Darkseid, Lobo are just way too much IMO for what you're getting. I just hope at SOME POINT, people stop buying so that they realize they've gone too far.

I used $170 in rewards and credit on Darkseid. I probably wouldn't have bought him if I didn't use Rewards.

I think he looks nice.

Mind you I missed out on Galactus Maquette which I regret but that would be totally worth it for the price. I'm going to try and get one some day. I see myself regretting not picking up Darkseid even if it's only the REG edition. I'm just going to see how I go closer to its shipping date.

Mind you I missed out on Galactus Maquette which I regret but that would be totally worth it for the price. I'm going to try and get one some day. I see myself regretting not picking up Darkseid even if it's only the REG edition. I'm just going to see how I go closer to its shipping date.

When did Galactus sell out?!

There are some products where there are standard pricing practices...IMHO they don't exist for discretionary collectible products. At the end of the day, companies charge a final price based on what they believe will maximize their revenues and profits. And if you don't like the $600 price point for this piece, SS is betting there are enough Darkseid fans that will purchase this piece at that price.

I know that. I'm just bothered. I really wanted DS, and then we get this. Basic sculpt with no extras and a price I don't feel reflects what they are offering. But I'm quite okay with SS pricing me out of the surprise package I'll get a year or so after ordering. It is what it is. If I'm spending $600, I want to look at it and think, yeah that was worth it. Besdies I may need that $600 once Aquaman is released at this rate.

I know that. I'm just bothered. I really wanted DS, and then we get this. Basic sculpt with no extras and a price I don't feel reflects what they are offering. But I'm quite okay with SS pricing me out of the surprise package I'll get a year or so after ordering. It is what it is. If I'm spending $600, I want to look at it and think, yeah that was worth it. Besdies I may need that $600 once Aquaman is released at this rate.

Dem feels mate. I'm right there with you.

Back