DARKNESS!!! - I made my own

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoreCraft

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hello all,
I've been a huge fan of the Darkness character from Legend ever since I saw him the first time as a kid.
I recently began a youtube channel where I make various fantasy and dark fantasy themed creations. I'm not professionally trained, but I'm pushing myself further with every new challenge.
This time, I decided it was time for DARKNESS
Please let me know what you think. This is the "making of" video I just posted up today:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSUg7IOoKBQ

20170713_190134.jpg

He's fully handcrafted, 1 of a kind. Ceramic nylon reinforced base, handmade fiberglass and milliput for the horn construction, glass eyes, acrylic teeth, and ears I sculpted out of polymer based clay. He's also larger, and considerably heavier than the Sideshow version.
So again, please feel free to comment or ask anything. If you like this work, please consider subscribing to my channel and maybe even my Patreon. Since I can't make copies of these, I can't really "cash in", and though I'm fine making single piece sculptures, it does get costly in both time and resources. Anyone wanting to contribute would be warmly welcomed. Or you could offer me a job :D

Attachments

• 20170713_190051.jpg
    20170713_190051.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 150
I Couldn't believe that you're not professional til you said it! A great entrance to the forum, welcome fellow freak!

Thank you so much for saying so!!
I have no pro training, just used to play with clay as a kid. I did a lot of old muscle car fixer'upper jobs when I was younger too, so got a lot of experience with bondo and fiberglass repairs. I used to like to draw, and I always wanted to try going the sculpting route and see what I could do. Turns out I sculpt better than draw, lol. But truly, Darkness is my 2nd ever completed bust I've ever done. The first one is The Fiend, which is also on my channel. I also had never airbrushed before buying this gun I am using, and that's my third use of it. It's incredibly rewarding and I am loving this. Stretching myself a little farther each time to see what I can do. This last piece, Darkness, has bolstered my confidence with everyones reaction to it. Going to keep pressing on and see how far I can go! Thanks for the encouragement!!

Hard work pays off, that's for sure. Looking forward to see your next project LoreCraft :clap

Back