DARKMAN!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ultramanimator

Super Freak
Reaction score
So, I was sitting at my desk, sculpting the hair on my Deckard custom (modded SS Indy head) and the postman comes to the door. My wife walks into the room and says,

"You've got a package."

I wasn't expecting anything so I didn't even look at it at first. I was working with Milliput and I didn't want it to dry.

A while later, I finished the hair and turned to look at the package. That's when I realized who it was from!

I ripped open my first Dark Voyeur custom and could not believe the magic that was in the box. Ladies and gentleman, you're about to see the golden magic that was in Marsalis Wallace's briefcase.

I give you... DARKMAN!!!!!

darkman.jpg

darkman2.jpg

headshot.jpg

Josh, Ryan, thank you sooo much for this BEAUTIFUL work of art. I can't believe how well made this figure is. You guys have a long time customer.

I can't wait to see what's next!

BTW I'll take better photos later. I didn't want to use a flash and I couldn't hold the camera steady because I was so psyched!

Last edited:
That does look great. I'm hoping to have some things made by him. He's very gifted.

Dude, that is awesome! I knew you would get a kick out of that. I was mailing stuff out and thought... "Why don't I just mail out the prototype and get it to him?"... So I did.

If you need any help with the mask, just let me know. The forehead part is the hardest to get to work, you have to use a small tool of somesort to keep the fabric from bunching there. You can tell when it's perfectly in place, because it literally is shaped specifically to the face and very snug.

It ties in the back and the extra piece is used to wrap around the mouth area and tie down the mask even more around the back of the head. :rock

But I am so very glad you liked it, Ryan pulled out all of the stops on the jacket and head... I just painted it and pulled the awesome parts together. :duff

Glad you were happy. now go on take it.. take..it.... take the f'ng elephant.

:lol

Yeah, you guys seriously made my day. I had a rough week at work and this was a really nice pick me up.

I was wondering if this was the proto. Thanks so much for giving it up. Now I need some advice from you guys on how to wire the cape/coat. I wanna give it that cool flowy feel that the Darkman PF has.

Seriously, everyone needs to buy customs from these guys. It would be AMAZING if you both could do this full time.

Everyone will be grousing about how they're going bankrupt, because Dark Vouyeur keeps releasing so many cool figures.

Oh, and if you're interested, I could sketch up/design some sweet box art for you guys.

And Ryan, I WILL take the f'ing elephant!!!:rotfl

The mask is kinda....iffy. I think a sculpted mask would've been a better thing to used...or a mixed media mask, the cloth over a sculpted head.

But other then that, a fantastic custom. The face is supurb! The clothing is astounding! I like using large words!

It's only "iffy" because I just threw it on real quick and the photos are blurry. I took Josh's advice and fit it properly and now it's perfect!

The mask is kinda....iffy. I think a sculpted mask would've been a better thing to used...or a mixed media mask, the cloth over a sculpted head.

But other then that, a fantastic custom. The face is supurb! The clothing is astounding! I like using large words!

Well, at first I thought about sculpting it... but thought it would be too problematic removing the heads...seeing as though our heads are solid resin and not rubber.

So cloth was the only way to go. Yeah, it's not 100% perfect. But I think it gets the job done very nicely.

What about a clothed, alt head? Same idea, but using a smaller face, so it fits easier....

Just my 2 cents.

What about a clothed, alt head? Same idea, but using a smaller face, so it fits easier....

Just my 2 cents.

Wouldn't work because the shape of the head needs to show under the bandages, and the face shows from beneath the bandages... so it is not really feasible.

Not to mention that if you don't glue these heads down, they don't stay on... they fall off constantly. So a change-o-head is a bad idea altogether for this custom.

This was the ONLY way to make a bandaged head, so I took it. I'm no Hot Toys, but dammit...I think I did good for what I could do. :D

Josh, it looks great! I just watched the movie again and was freaked out by how great this fig turned out. I spent a few hours taping a pair of bendy hands to give the bandaged look in the film.

I'm wiring the cape tonight. I'll post new and better pics when I get it finished.

Thank you very much man, I couldn't have done it without Ryan's badass sculpt. He inspired this thing in more ways than one.

And I cannot wait to see what he looks like with the wired coat, that would really be the icing on the cake for an already badass figure... that and the wrapped hands. :rock

Here's a couple of pics of the wired cape and taped hand (I still need to wrap the left one). I switched to a TT body but need to figure out how to unglue the current neck adapter so it will fit properly. I can't wait to throw him in some more poses and take some pics!!!

darkman3.jpg

darkman4-1.jpg

darkman5.jpg

Back