DARKMAN!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parker

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Ok, I for one am EXTREMELY excited about this line. I can not wait to see some of these products. I really hope though, that the first things produced for the line are from the first movie with Liam Neeson, and not the two crappy movies with Arnold Voosloo. I hated the makeup on those two movies, but what Tony Gardner did for the first is an absolute work of art! I was surprised that there was not a thread on this yet, but I guess that was due to lack of product. Or, maybe I'm the only one excited about this! :cool:

Was a very crappy movie IMO! Sorry this is one I will not agree with. I will actually admit that Highlander was better than this movie. This is no victory for Sideshow.

Ok, I for one am EXTREMELY excited about this line. I can not wait to see some of these products. I really hope though, that the first things produced for the line are from the first movie with Liam Neeson, and not the two crappy movies with Arnold Voosloo. I hated the makeup on those two movies, but what Tony Gardner did for the first is an absolute work of art! I was surprised that there was not a thread on this yet, but I guess that was due to lack of product. Or, maybe I'm the only one excited about this! :cool:

Oh and also I think he was in Krull before he was in this movie. So it couldn't have been his first. I don't pretend to know what his first was I just know it wasn't this movie. :lol

Oh and also I think he was in Krull before he was in this movie. So it couldn't have been his first. I don't pretend to know what his first was I just know it wasn't this movie. :lol
And Excalibur before that, but what I meant was that he was only in the first movie.

Oh and if you mean he was in the first Darkman movie well than thank God it was his last. :lol This movie was worse than Cyborg 2. LOL! This is about the worst Sci-Fi movie ever. :lol I would rather watch Saved by th Bell season One than this movie. Thats how much garbage I will throw at this movie. It is like an Uwe Boll movie gone bad. :D

I am now confused. :eek: :confused: :eek:

C'mon, now. Don't pretend that you weren't confused before. :)

Darkman's a great concept, a great character. I liked the movie when I saw it in the theater, but I don't think I was really grasping it at the time. I wouldn't mind the opportunity to take a look at it again. I'll bet it holds up nicely. Better than, say, Robocop. And I like Robocop.

As for the multiple thread ... meh ... :rolleyes: I don't see the problem with having separate threads in the Horror and General forums for this.

C'mon, now. Don't pretend that you weren't confused before. :)

Darkman's a great concept, a great character. I liked the movie when I saw it in the theater, but I don't think I was really grasping it at the time. I wouldn't mind the opportunity to take a look at it again. I'll bet it holds up nicely. Better than, say, Robocop. And I like Robocop.

As for the multiple thread ... meh ... :rolleyes: I don't see the problem with having separate threads in the Horror and General forums for this.

I will have to disagree. I watched Darkman as a kid and it was one of the worst super heroes I can remember. However, Robocop ruled. So did the Predator and Aliens. Remember this is what he had to deal with and he was weak. Way weak. Someone who gets burned? Whatever he sucks! :lol

The thing that puts "Darkman" above all the other movies it's been lumped in with in this thread like "Highlander" and "Robocop" is Sam Raimi's inventive direction.

Take Raimi away from "Darkman" and you do get true crap (look no further than the two DTV sequels) but there's really something special about the first film.

Yep, DARKMAN is accepted to be a classic of it's sub-genre. And it's a much better made movie than Highlander - I'd put it up there with Robocop.

Raimi really broke into the mainstream with this film and without it I'm sure he wouldn't have been considered for Spider-man.

I've mentioned before how much I like Raimi's directing of Darkman. I just watched it again a few days ago. The final showdown scenes at the end are classic Raimi...wild close-ups and crazy action. It really is a great movie because of him.

I like the first Darkman, and may buy some of SSC's product if its tempting enuff. So there are a few of us that like Darkman, Parker.:lol

Glad to hear it! I had loved Raimi's previous films of course, so I was really excited that he was getting to do a mainstream release when this came out. I have a nice little collection of memorabilia from this movie's initial release as well...the soundtrack, several teaser posters, release poster and a huge banner from the theater. Not to mention Fangorias, Starlogs and Gorezone. I was recently able to acquire one of the Tony Gardner Alterian Studios masks that were released with the movie (my avatar). I still need the classic Plastic model kit, and the Tower Records exclusive figure from SOTA.
Anyway, I was shocked that Sideshow decided to pick up this license, and really can not wait to see something. I really worry though that while they have the license, they might not have Liam Neeson's likeness rights. To me the SOTA figure and bust have a generic face to them, not the nose and brow that resemble Neeson, and it makes me nervous that Universal didn't think at the time about securing his likeness to any merchandise. I know that so little skin being shown isn't that big a deal, but to me he is the character just as much as the scarring.

No way is Darkman anywhere near as good as Highlander and especially Robocop.

If it was good, Liam would have returned :rotfl

Back