Dark Phoenix PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone reply as to what this "crotch crack disease" is all about?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

I guess I may have started something here.
But there is a small crack in the crotch.
And it seems like it may be common to some more Phoenix statues as well.
I just wanted to see if mine was the only one.
I emailed sideshow on the problem, still waiting to here back.
For the record, I really like the statue, amazing face sculpts, darker red then most photos show.
Looks like there may be a common flaw.....maybe.
Someone has dubbed the crotch crack.

To be honest, mine has that sharp cut in line in the crotch region and I'm pretty sure that is not a crack...its in the base sculpt. Whoever sculpted it just added it to accentuate that line in the anatomy. I suppose it's possible that it developed into a crack on some people's pieces but judging from the photos I have seen here, none of them look like an actual crack to me.

To be honest, mine has that sharp cut in line in the crotch region and I'm pretty sure that is not a crack...its in the base sculpt. Whoever sculpted it just added it to accentuate that line in the anatomy. I suppose it's possible that it developed into a crack on some people's pieces but judging from the photos I have seen here, none of them look like an actual crack to me.

Agreed. A crack would not look so closely to her anatomy. Perhaps it was sculpted deeper than planned?

Received mine on Friday, and having a heck of a time trying to get the sash to seat. It almost looks like the pin was glued in place at a slight angle, making it impossible to turn the sash enough to seat it in the peghole. Anytime I try the sash actually contacts her arm before it's in place. I already emailed sideshow but was wondering if anyone else was having the same difficulties?

Otherwise love the statue, though after reading the thread here looks like mine may have the crotch crack disease :(

Having the exact same problem...other than the sash, I love it

The red is not so bad in person
I love the sculpt
I too have the "crack" in the crotch but really not that noticeable
The only small issue I have is that the EX head has a gap between her neck and clothing
I plan on displaying the non-EX head so I don't mind so much
Great statue though, I really love her :)

Tabbykitty...if Sideshow does not replace your sash, I got mine to fit in by using a hair dryer
I softened the sash and bent it a little back so now it does not brush up against her arm and it slid right in
I was terrified but it seemed to work :)

20170130_185528[1].jpg
20170130_185550[1].jpg
20170130_185056[1].jpg
20170130_184959[1].jpg
20170130_185114[1].jpg
20170130_185538[1].jpg
20170130_185039[1].jpg
I love it. No paint defects. no breakage.Thank God. This is a wonderful piece. I am thoroughly satisfied with how it came out. So tempted to drill the bottom of the base and make that fire light up.LOL

Mine has arrived and she is phenomenal! I'm so happy with her. The red of the suit is actually darker in person than my photos convey. For some reason the red is very difficult to capture the true color that the naked eye sees.

Number # 395. Luckily no broken flames on the base , no extra crotch crack (I just couldn't help myself) she's near perfect. Very happy with her!!

dp2a.jpg

dp11a.jpg

dp7a.jpg

dp6a.jpg

dp5a.jpg

dp4a.jpg

dp8a.jpg

dpa1.jpg

dp9a.jpg

Back