Dark Phoenix PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the pictures, Risingstar. She looks great! Any crotch cracks.

Thanks for the pictures, Risingstar. She looks great! Any crotch cracks.

Thank Jumpcap.

To answer your Q - and, I mean this with all due respect to Sideshow, I think we're going to find flaws and imperfections on pretty much all of their pieces, and this one is no different, i.e., bubbly hair parts, crotch cracks (if you look closely), uneven coloring, and for some, it appears even an off center Phoenix itself (leaning slightly to the right)... Overall though, I still like the piece. It's a solid B, which is what I generally consider to be a success for Sideshow. I'm content.

dp16.jpg

Last edited:
To answer your Q - and, I mean this with all due respect to Sideshow, I think we're going to find flaws and imperfections on pretty much all of their pieces, and this one is no different, i.e., bubbly hair parts, crotch cracks (if you look closely), uneven coloring, and for some, it appears even an off center Phoenix itself (leaning slightly to the right)... Overall though, I still like the piece. It's a solid B, which is what I generally consider to be a success for Sideshow. I'm content.

I am relatively new to statue collecting so pardon these questions but:

1) What do you mean by "bubbly hair parts"?
2) Yours has the crotch crack too? In the same spot as others?
3) I know others had leaning issues, but yours was standing straight up? It's hard to be sure from your provided photo since viewing angle might be a bit off.

If you wouldn't mind posting some closeup photos of the above, that'd be greatly helpful and appreciated too...:)

Thank Jumpcap.

dp16.jpg

I hear you. Mine is due Monday if it’s look as good as yours. I will be happy.

I finally got around to unpack this piece over the weekend and I am really happy with her! Overall, I love the head sculpts and the body. They are the selling points of the piece and I think Joe and Will hit it out of the park with their work. As for the base, I like it, though I would have preferred an environmental base or a fully formed Phoenix. QC-wise, the paint apps are great for the most part with some relatively minor imperfections on the hair for the EX portrait and on the resin bird. I will say the suit looks more matted than glossy in hand. I also wished that the eyes for the EX portrait were straight green, instead of the bluish/green colour.

But all that aside, I love how she turned out and I do feel satisfied with her! I'm just blown away by the portraits and the body. She is really curvaceous and sexy in hand. Getting Joe to sculpt the body was a great call with his work from the Vamperella PF. I do prefer those aspects of the statue over the XM Phoenix, though I'd still give Phoenix the nod over DP in terms of presentation and presence overall. But for me, Sideshow hit this one out of the park. I can't stop admiring this piece! It makes me excited at what other X-Men SS has are down the line. *cough* Magneto *cough*

DSC_6761_zpszbnvyz1n.jpg

DSC_6767_zpsecanlawr.jpg

DSC_6849_zpspt1h3yqi.jpg

DSC_6886_zps0hr5fznj.jpg

Here is my unboxing as well.

I finally got around to unpack this piece over the weekend and I am really happy with her! Overall, I love the head sculpts and the body. They are the selling points of the piece and I think Joe and Will hit it out of the park with their work. As for the base, I like it, though I would have preferred an environmental base or a fully formed Phoenix. QC-wise, the paint apps are great for the most part with some relatively minor imperfections on the hair for the EX portrait and on the resin bird. I will say the suit looks more matted than glossy in hand. I also wished that the eyes for the EX portrait were straight green, instead of the bluish/green colour.

But all that aside, I love how she turned out and I do feel satisfied with her! I'm just blown away by the portraits and the body. She is really curvaceous and sexy in hand. Getting Joe to sculpt the body was a great call with his work from the Vamperella PF. I do prefer those aspects of the statue over the XM Phoenix, though I'd still give Phoenix the nod over DP in terms of presentation and presence overall. But for me, Sideshow hit this one out of the park. I can't stop admiring this piece! It makes me excited at what other X-Men SS has are down the line. *cough* Magneto *cough*

DSC_6761_zpszbnvyz1n.jpg

DSC_6767_zpsecanlawr.jpg

DSC_6849_zpspt1h3yqi.jpg

DSC_6886_zps0hr5fznj.jpg

Here is my unboxing as well.

Agree with every point you made. That is a must have. The sculpt is so detailed. And the wonderfully accurate anatomy has you doing what you're suppose to do with a piece of art....sit back and stare at it in awe. The Phoenix would look cool a little more fully formed. But the space you save is worth that compromise.:clap:clap:clap:clap

unfortunately, i bring some more bad news. mine came broken as well. the flame came broken in box. back it goes.

IMG_0502.JPG

Received mine on Friday, and having a heck of a time trying to get the sash to seat. It almost looks like the pin was glued in place at a slight angle, making it impossible to turn the sash enough to seat it in the peghole. Anytime I try the sash actually contacts her arm before it's in place. I already emailed sideshow but was wondering if anyone else was having the same difficulties?

Otherwise love the statue, though after reading the thread here looks like mine may have the crotch crack disease :(

Can someone reply as to what this "crotch crack disease" is all about?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Can someone reply as to what this "crotch crack disease" is all about?

Just a few pages back starting at 119, owners reported a "crotch crack"

My base showed up with a broken piece.
Looks like the Styrofoam package wasn't taped up all that tight.
Anyone else have this crack in the upper leg, hmmmm..."region"?

View attachment 319682View attachment 319683

Oh no!!! Mine does too!!!

View attachment 319707

Back