Dark Phoenix PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully John can re-do the paint for me as he's done for... hmmm lets see..

Rogue (actually had two different paint artists go to town on her and now she looks amazing)
Psylocke
Vision
Scarlet Witch
Apocalypse
Catwoman
Jean Grey
.... would've been Wonder Woman but I said **** it
Im sure there are others I just cant think of them right now

Um so yeah... its a ***** to ship out and with the CDN weak as it is ... this is something I shouldnt have to do everytime I wait over a year for an anticipated piece... Ive actually waited 7 years for this piece ... so yeah, once again I dont feel Im over-reacting at all. Ill wait the other 3 weeks (because whats another 3 weeks compared to 7 years?).

Im not impressed right now, as non-nonchalant as I can make it. Some of it may be overblown by the lighting but its obviously not up to par with what they showed 1 year ago to the day...

Rogue (actually had two different paint artists go to town on her and now she looks amazing)
Psylocke
Vision
Scarlet Witch
Apocalypse
Catwoman
Jean Grey

Um so yeah... its a ***** to ship out and with the CDN weak as it is ... this is something I shouldnt have to do everytime I wait over a year for an anticipated piece... Ive actually waited 7 years for this piece ... so yeah, once again I dont feel Im over-reacting at all. Ill wait the other 3 weeks (because whats another 3 weeks compared to 7 years?).

Im not impressed right now, as non-nonchalant as I can make it. Some of it may be overblown by the lighting but its obviously not up to par with what they showed 1 year ago to the day...
You're not over-reacting. Like yourself, others also have to go through so much to get these pieces painted the right way. Myself included.

Luckily for some, this comes "easy". LOL!

Psylocke
Vision
Scarlet Witch
Apocalypse
Catwoman
Jean Grey

Can't remember, but do you have any XM pieces?

What's your thoughts on them?

No XM for me

I do eyeball the Cable Venom and Punisher from time to time but there's no way I can justify the price tag

SpiderMan 2099 might be my first Prime1 piece if my WL does convert

No XM for me

I do eyeball the Cable Venom and Punisher from time to time but there's no way I can justify the price tag

Yeah, the prices for us in N.A. are a lot for many of them, but as Sideshow's prices creep up, XM isn't looking too bad. :lol

That 2099 is so, so, so, soooooooooo sick. I'm sure your WL will convert.

No XM for me

SpiderMan 2099 would be my first P1 piece as well.

SS updated the PO page. Removed the old proto pics and replaced everything with these shoddy production pics. I'm not sure if they always do that but damn that seems like damage control right there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SS updated the PO page. Removed the old proto pics and replaced everything with these shoddy production pics. I'm not sure if they always do that but damn that seems like damage control right there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They always do that.

No unfortunate for the Blind Collector, they have been doing this for years and I mean years, you can tell a lot of the times other times you can't, it's the same old cliche, but depending on the piece is Marvel, DC, etc. etc. keeps them thinking they are doing right, when they are Wrong.

I hope this statue turns out decent, it's the only one I have on preorder because the prices for these things are nuts! Unfortunately, it's gonna get even worse for Canadian collectors. I got this email from SS today:
To our Canadian Collectors –

A recent change by the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) has updated how our Polystone figures are being classified (now as 3926.40.0000). This will unfortunately result in a 6.5% import duty. We understand that this can be a cause for concern and wanted to be proactive about letting you know what to expect when taking delivery of your collectible. We assure you that the fees being assessed are not our own. :monkey2

I hope this statue turns out decent, it's the only one I have on preorder because the prices for these things are nuts! Unfortunately, it's gonna get even worse for Canadian collectors. I got this email from SS today:
To our Canadian Collectors –

A recent change by the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) has updated how our Polystone figures are being classified (now as 3926.40.0000). This will unfortunately result in a 6.5% import duty. We understand that this can be a cause for concern and wanted to be proactive about letting you know what to expect when taking delivery of your collectible. We assure you that the fees being assessed are not our own. :monkey2

I was just reading that. Sorry to hear. That sucks.

I was just reading that. Sorry to hear. That sucks.

Thanks, bro! It's sure does suck! I have been collecting for a while but with the weak dollar and insane taxes & duties I will have to call it quits. Dark Phoenix will be my last statue, but I dig the new pics so I hope she turns out nice!

I contacted Sideshow in regards to the difference in the prototype vs. the production and here is the response:

Me:
This is in regards to order XXXXXXX Dark Phoenix EX. I just was checking to see the ship date and saw that you posted the "Production Photos" of the actual product and the final piece is VERY different from the statue I saw at SDCC. It looks like the final production piece does not have any shading on her body or face. The prototype I saw when I ordered (and at SDCC) had lots of shading to highlight detail. Can you find out if the piece that will be shipping has shading in the red?

Response:
Yes I can! Let me go ahead and grab her, one moment please... I am looking at the one in our office, which we get both the prototype and final piece, and it does look like the final pictures on the site have less of shading on her outfit, but it could also be the lighting in the photograph room. Each statue is hand painted so the one in the final pictures could have a little less shading. The one I have in front of me is a tad darker than the site, but again it can be the lighting. Her face looks phenomenal and her contour and highlight is great!

I link a picture from SDCC

Response:
Okay yes, in that picture she has A LOT of shading especially around the abs area and shoulders. The final piece does not have that much, but it does have shading. For her face, it does still look the same, maybe a little bit more shading on the nose so it doesn't look so wide, but overall the same. Her cheeks went from red to a peachy color, but yes there is shade on her face and body still.

Overall, the customer service was very friendly and went out of the way to get the actual statue to try and answer my questions. I am going to wait until I have her in hand before making any final judgments.

Back