Dark Phoenix PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll probably still keep mine.

I don't mind the changes too much.

But I do of course prefer the Prototype, in particular the darker matted red.

So they can delay Lex Luthor for over a year (and the paint job will probably still look sub par) with a relatively small edition size of 500 but they couldnt take more care in the production quality of Dark Phoenix?

Who approves this? How is this any more spectacular than the Phoenix 6" figure from Hasbro... the paints are just as flat as a $20 figure...

I mean literally one FLAT shade of red? Who approves this in the first place?

Phoenix-Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Wave-06.jpg

for $500 you'd assume someone would actually realize the people that buy these things actually want some quality..

for this many "misses" I still dont understand why this is acceptable ... still after the 200% price increases... Jesus Christ.

Final Production pictures.

Im disappointed to say the least. Looks like a cheap paint job, no deco on the costume.. the face obviously lacks the same depth as prototype.

It's really a hit or miss with Sideshow... of all pieces to screw up... how about screwing up one of the 80 million Batmans they have in production verses the ONLY Phoenix that literally took 10 years to make...

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/blog/new-photos-dark-phoenix-premium-format-figure/

fully!

I'm all like :slap Seriously SS? the one piece to stuff up and its a simple piece. This could have been proto quality.

I really REALLY was hoping this turned out what I have been TEASED for the past year.... dammit.

Looks like something id find on ebay on the 'knockoffs' section... it just doesnt have the same depth.

Right now, the only thing I'm hoping is that they used a red filter on the lighting for the photo, which would remove detail, make the paint look like it has no shading and brighten the color of the costume. Hopefully, in natural light, it will look much better.

LOL! If it really was that "easy" I'd expect everyone that is unhappy with the bright red to go through custom painting their Phoenix.

More time and more money. No thanks.

Collectors who are paying the $500+ for this should have it the right way from the start.

all the details are gone from the face and the abs are non-existant

oh_zpsp6dogkik.jpg

The satin red does look better. It makes a good contrast to the glossy gold phoenix emblem.

But I still love the sculpt on this piece. I'll still probably keep my PO as well.

I'm hoping that the production pic was just over exposed. I reduced the exposure on the right hand side.

What do you guys think? is it better?

DPComparePS_zpsuwwrvq7c.jpg

The suit is definitely looking a little more glossy, but sideshows camera setup exaggerates it quite a bit. This was the case with both Sonja and Captain Marvel. Both of those looked extremely glossy in sideshows pics, but in hand, under natural light they weren't nearly as shiny as expected. Also sideshows production pics seen to wash out some details.

I don't have this ordered, but I'd be quite pleased if I did.

The suit is definitely looking a little more glossy, but sideshows camera setup exaggerates it quite a bit. This was the case with both Sonja and Captain Marvel. Both of those looked extremely glossy in sideshows pics, but in hand, under natural light they weren't nearly as shiny as expected. Also sideshows production pics seen to wash out some details.

I don't have this ordered, but I'd be quite pleased if I did.

I hope that is true. Otherwise it is not worth the $500 I am paying for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This doesn't look like a $500 statue and paint job. I'll have to see if I can find one to see in person. I was thinking about pre-ordering her, but now glad I didn't.

Back