Dark Phoenix PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THIS NEEDS TO BE A STICKY SOMEWHERE

It's all about removing ALL cookies for the browser you are using. Safari should work too. You can download Firefox for OSX and that will be a fresh load since you have never used it so no cookies. Go to sideshowtoy.com and type in search box Phoenix. Just click Pre order and stay on that page for like 5 minutes and you should see the POP OVER. It will take over your page and look like the picture I posted. Some will get 5% off and some will get 10% off like I did. If you navigate away from that page you will NEVER see the POP OVER again until you remove all cookies and start over.

Hope this helps you :hi5:

I got it to work with firefox (what I usually use to surf the net) by clearing all of my history/cookies.

I got the 5% code two times (hitting "no thanks" each time) before getting the 10% off code. $50 in my pocket !

Give me an example of a time when one person (supposedly) received a 5% off discount, and then receiving 10% off at a later date?

Yeah good luck with that $50 discount, I don't see it happening

I'm using Firefox. I placed her in my cart and stayed on that page. Within about 10 minutes I saw a POP over that says take 10% off your entire order. Just for kicks I added another PF statue in my cart that was over 499.00 and I removed Phoenix and it said my purchase doesn't qualify. I added Phoenix back in my cart and it took the 50.00 off. The coupon code for Phoenix was automatically added to my account and saved.

In the end I placed my PO for Dark Phoenix using the 50.00 off code. I do like the Promo pics and I will place her next to XM Phoenix when I get her.

Broke down and bought this with the 10% code too.

I got the 5% code two times (hitting "no thanks" each time) before getting the 10% off code. $50 in my pocket !

:wave

Thanks I will try later, I want to do it for Green Goblin as I already bought this Dark Phoenix. But I will try on this too to see if it get that pop up or not.

So I am assuming you have to log in first?

I was not logged into my account. I simply went to sideshowtoy.com and put Dark Phoenix in my cart and waited on that page. Thats when i received the discount pop up and take over my screen. I clicked redeem offer, then I logged into my account, then I noticed the coupon was automatically added to my saved coupons and I had to click promo and select coupon from saved codes. I checked out and got charged the 50.00 NRD, but also saved 50.00 on her.

I just emailed Sideshow's customer service; only fair that people who preordered early get the discount as well. If this is going to be Sideshow's new policy for preorders, I won't preorder "TBD" items early ever again.

I just emailed Sideshow's customer service; only fair that people who preordered early get the discount as well. If this is going to be Sideshow's new policy for preorders, I won't preorder "TBD" items early ever again.

Don't bother I called. They won't do anything about it.

Prob will have to wait for said item to be delayed. That'll be reason enough to cancel without penalty.

p.s. Looks liked Sideshow killed the promo codes. Some of the old codes I had saved are now invalid.

Last edited:
Usual people being people and complaining like spoiled brats about the codes. Nobody forced you to preorder day one, to call the company and demand a discount you're not entitled to is silly and childish. Just a way to stir things up and have that company shutting down the codes to avoid mass arse burns.

Usual people being people and complaining like spoiled brats about the codes. Nobody forced you to preorder day one, to call the company and demand a discount you're not entitled to is silly and childish. Just a way to stir things up and have that company shutting down the codes to avoid mass arse burns.

Yeah I've been telling people for years there's no reason to order Day 1. Now there's even less reason to do so.

That is being a bit harsh I'd say. I have no problem with people being upset about the codes. IMO it'd be childish to complain if the discount occurred after statue was out for months and you already got to enjoy the statue early. But in this case the statue hasn't even been released. Basically Sideshow is punishing those who are supporting a product from the start which just wrong. This is coming from someone who used the code on 3 statues.

And my post is coming from someone who bought Phoenix and Marvel just a few days after PO and being in Europe I could have really used those discounts, considering how heavy are customs fees here. But I don't even dream of asking for them to be retroactively applied to my orders. Those who buy early do it either because they can and don't care (so they won't care much of discount codes either, which is my case) OR because they're still afraid of missing out on a statue. And that's the reason why they haven't got the discount, they traded the discount for an early sense of security. Nobody forced them.
And calling the company, demanding for that discount, pointing out that other people are getting it and it's unfair won't surely bring the company to give that 10% discount to all orders, if anything they'll shut down the codes.
"I'm a grown up man spending thousands of dollars in collectibles, let me stir s--t up because someone else got their statue for 50$ less". This is what happens, it's the spoiled man-child logic behind the gesture that makes me so harsh.
We can debate all day about this situation of the codes being right or wrong with early supporters getting the stick and so on, I would probably agree. People bought early 1-2 statues and paid 50-100$ more this time? Ok, live with it and next time they'll watch out and try to snag that discount for themselves. I just won't agree with any action that literally f--ks other people.

And if any of these statues had sold out (I know...) these people would have laughed at people waiting to get a discount. It works both ways.

And if any of these statues had sold out (I know...) these people would have laughed at people waiting to get a discount. It works both ways.
^ Exactly.
Just keep it in mind for future purchases folks if you don't want to do the PO day one then hang off a bit.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Prob will have to wait for said item to be delayed. That'll be reason enough to cancel without penalty.

p.s. Looks liked Sideshow killed the promo codes. Some of the old codes I had saved are now invalid.

Perhaps the codes expired. The terms and conditions say that these codes have expirations. And the reason I say it might have expired is because I was able to use the 10% discount on the Skeletor EX last night at about 12:30 am.

So annoyed, I got the discount offer the other night and wanted to wait to use it this morning, Friday payday but now it isn't working. I forget people love to complain in this hobby and anytime something is going good. :gah:

So annoyed, I got the discount offer the other night and wanted to wait to use it this morning, Friday payday but now it isn't working. I forget people love to complain in this hobby and anytime something is going good. :gah:

I say clear your history and cookies ...and try again to get another discount.

Back