Dark Phoenix PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good overall. I hate the base, of course, and the price is too high, as well, but they seem to be throwing darts at a price list for these things so I guess it's better than the $520 for Goblin.

facebook likes.jpg

She's looking really good. Oddly enough, I like the REG portrait much more than the EX one. I think she looks much more powerful with her eyes all white. It looks like she's powering up the Phoenix force with the REG portrait. I'm still on the fence with this piece. I like it, it looks good but I really just wanted a green Phoenix. I'm beyond shocked that SSC has announced that there are no plans to make a green variant. It goes completely against their MO. I mean, it's basically nothing but a straight repaint. How can they resist? I think I'll hold out and see if they're bluffing.

There's absolutely no guarantee they won't make the green variant. Alex simply said she doesn't know of any variant, but they also included a calm Jean portrait instead of an angry DP portrait.

worst case scenario, buy 2 Dark Phoenixes. get John to repaint one green.

Easy peasy

But I still would prefer an official Green Phoenix edition for Comic Con, like they did with Symbiote Spidey and Classic.

in other news it looks like Diamond Select is jumping back into the statue business after years on hiatus

They recently announced a new line up of Marvel statues starting with Wolverine, and Gamora

I liked what they did with the sinister six and dark phoenix dios years back, so this con should be pretty interesting from all parties.

Collectors would've lost their **** had this been the 12 days sneak pic!

300148-product-feature.jpg

Flip I think you should jump on it. Worse case scenario you miss out on Will's beautiful EX portrait and eat a potential price increase on the normal Phoenix down the line if SS does it. You can sell the EX at cost at the least to help cover the normal one if/when SS releases it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flip I think you should jump on it. Worse case scenario you miss out on Will's beautiful EX portrait and eat a potential price increase on the normal Phoenix down the line if SS does it. You can sell the EX at cost at the least to help cover the normal one if/when SS releases it.

They're not doing a variant

All I know, is someone has to eat shoe.

in my defense, I expected a much more elaborate base. Anyone have ketchup? : )

The regular headsculpt is jawdropping good. I may just stick with it, especially if SS decides to offer her up in other colours down the road. I can't see too many people choosing the exclusive portrait for a dark phoenix.

I hate the silver base and am underwhelmed by the phoenix. I had hoped for much more in that regard.

They're not doing a variant

No, Alex just said there is no plans for one right now. Doesn't mean there isn't a possibility of a green variant later. Think green Ivy or Sabretooth. Those are variants that came along later and weren't planned. This one's just screaming for one. To be honest, I'd rather have an all new green Phoenix sculpt but who knows when they'd get around to that?

No, Alex just said there is no plans for one right now. Doesn't mean there isn't a possibility of a green variant later. Think green Ivy or Sabretooth. Those are variants that came along later and weren't planned. This one's just screaming for one. To be honest, I'd rather have an all new green Phoenix sculpt but who knows when they'd get around to that?

Maybe never :dunno I definitely wouldn't monkey around and miss this one

Back