Dark Knight carpark diorama base

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kj23

Super Freak
Reaction score
Not sure if this is one of my many bad ideas but after doing a Joker base (https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64894) i thought i'd try a Batman related one.
Cant find any shots online but it's from early on in the film where we first see Batman, he's in the carpark getting attacked by the goons, dogs and chasing after the Scarecrow.
It's not a complicated base and maybe not memorable enough, i'm not sure, anyways, very basic mock up for an example,
carparktest.jpg

It would be about A4 in size, consist of tarmac/concrete type floor surface, a step up, concrete support(?) going up at a right angle at about knee/waist leve with a railing on. then a large corner piece on one side, maybe 2, at about head height. Made pretty much to scale and hopefully painted fairly realistically. Could stick a dog in there for a little more of a scene specific look.

not sure if my pic gets across the look i'm going for, whether it's just plain boring or not.
any suggestions (sensible ones please), encouragment it's going to be crap or whatever i'd be interested to hear.

I'm sure if this turns out anything like your other pieces mate it will be fantastic. Looking forward to progress pictures and the final product.

thanks, you're too kind!

cut a few shapes out and it's roughly to scale and size and this was pretty much what i was thinking but obviously it would be painted and textured. there'd be a railing on there too.

carparktest1.jpg

looks ok in my head but kind of boring in reality so far.

Maybe you could make it large enough to hold a tumbler,maybe a broken wall for a background?(Very beginning of the scene where it crashes through.)If not,that could make a good companion piece for a dio.

Maybe you could make it large enough to hold a tumbler,maybe a broken wall for a background?(Very beginning of the scene where it crashes through.)If not,that could make a good companion piece for a dio.

that's a very good idea and if i had the tumbler or even the batpod i'd do some sort of base/dio for it. i dont though so a massive base with a cool looking smashed up wall with a lone figure on would look a bit odd.

I think you should invest in one,I plan on getting one sooner or later,but I wanna try and find one for a good price.I hear the thing is awesome,if you ever do get one,your work would look awesome with it(loved your joker dio.)

hah, i'm sure you are keen for me to spend $500 or whatever but i'd really rather not. at least not on that, i do like it though but it's not on my ever growing list of things to waste my money on. i'd kindly accept it as a gift though.

thanks for the nice words on my other dio/base.

I'd check WBshop toward Christmas.Don't know if they will restock the tumbler before then,but last year they had a before Christmas sale where it was 225(50% off).

i do remember reading about that but since i'm in the UK i cant imagine it would be much use to me unfortunately. there's plenty of other stuff i'd rather have before a tumbler, as much as i do like it though.

working on a first draft of this base so should have pics in the next few days hopefully of it more or less taking shape.

got bogged down with work and ran out of supplies so not much progress the last week.
supplies appeared and had some spare time so made progress today.
first coating on the concrete ground and wall/pillar and barrier. second and third coat tomorrow then i can start painting the day after.
it's looking ok i think, just a bit boring, maybe, i dunno, anyways,
carparkrough.jpg

for scale,
carparkroughfigure.jpg

Lookin good - perhaps a little plain looking but once done and with the OC Batman properly posed there, I think it will enhance the display, which at the end of the day, is its purpose.

yeah, it is pretty plain, that was my main issue as i've done it. painted up it'll look better and if i could take a decent photograph it couldn't hurt.
i got my dx batman yesterday so the figure in question will hopefully make it look a little bit better too.

yeah, it is pretty plain, that was my main issue as i've done it. painted up it'll look better and if i could take a decent photograph it couldn't hurt.
i got my dx batman yesterday so the figure in question will hopefully make it look a little bit better too.

hi mate base looking good...also got my dx batman yesterday too:D still havn't got a joker (bank) yet for street corner base..

I can see a Scarecrow Brain Douglas and a thug sitting up aganist that wall after Batman catchs them all... Would look pretty sweet...

I've parked in that parking garage! Cool diorama so far. It's original and refreshing to see something different.

Back