Dark Crystal

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard the Plan B Dark Crystal Busts have a run of 500 each. I picked up UrSkek and the Garthim at Comic Con and love them! I did find one dealer that was selling some previous busts at the show (the two original were going for $200 a piece and a few newer ones for $80 a piece) but I passed. I did pick up the Mindstyle vinyl statues at Comic-con though and love them (even if I still think they are a bit overpriced).

Yeah those are the #'s I heard as well. Somewhere I thought I read that the first 2 (Chamberlain & UrYod) were lower #'s, around 300, that's why they're so hard to find...

Nice pickup on the Garthim! I'm just holding off till BBTS gets them in stock unless I can find one at the Baltimore Comic Con...

The MINDstyle pieces are awesome. The price is up there i'll admit but once I saw the packaging, presentation and pieces in person I thought it was well worth it. I love the inclusion of the #'d keychains. What #'s did you get? My Urac was #26 and the Landstrider was #317...

Reading back through this thread I was suprised to hear that Sideshow had a 24" Skeksis planned at one time. Does anyone have any info on it or pics???

I heard the Plan B Dark Crystal Busts have a run of 500 each. I picked up UrSkek and the Garthim at Comic Con and love them! I did find one dealer that was selling some previous busts at the show (the two original were going for $200 a piece and a few newer ones for $80 a piece) but I passed. I did pick up the Mindstyle vinyl statues at Comic-con though and love them (even if I still think they are a bit overpriced).

Yeah those are the #'s I heard as well. Somewhere I thought I read that the first 2 (Chamberlain & UrYod) were lower #'s, around 300, that's why they're so hard to find...

Nice pickup on the Garthim! I'm just holding off till BBTS gets them in stock unless I can find one at the Baltimore Comic Con...

The MINDstyle pieces are awesome. The price is up there i'll admit but once I saw the packaging, presentation and pieces in person I thought it was well worth it. I love the inclusion of the #'d keychains. What #'s did you get? My Urac was #26 and the Landstrider was #317...

Reading back through this thread I was suprised to hear that Sideshow had a 24" Skeksis planned at one time. Does anyone have any info on it or pics???

:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

I just got the 25th Anny! Score to the movie!!! and Trevor Jones kicked ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good lluck finding them!!!!!

They where my first two sideshow figures.
After open their chase I messed their hair and they look very good :p

JenKira.jpg

:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

I just got the 25th Anny! Score to the movie!!! and Trevor Jones kicked ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good lluck finding them!!!!!

Very nice! I missed out on the 1st edition of the score that was signed and they were fetching like $75-100 on ebay. Now that there's a re-release i'm hoping to score the original for cheaper. I will agree, it's an amazing soundtrack...

Great pics, durangokoa! They looks great with some tweaking. I think Kira looks the best though, Jen's likeness is off IMO...

This reminds me that I need to hunt down that Fizzgig plush...

Anyone know where I can get the Mindstyle figures?

I do have all of the PLAN B busts and love them. But I do think they could have
been better (more screen accurate).

Thanks,
Laszlo

BTW here are some cool Hasbro action figures prototypes I got:

jen_kira_hasbro.jpg

Hasbro actually made all figures as prototypes back then (1982) but they're almost impossible to find.

Here are the others as shown on the back:

jenkirahasbro_back.jpg

BTW here are some cool Hasbro action figures prototypes I got:

jen_kira_hasbro.jpg

Hasbro actually made all figures as prototypes back then (1982) but they're almost impossible to find.

Here are the others as shown on the back:

jenkirahasbro_back.jpg

:rock:rock:rock Get that **** graded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow those figures are awesome... kinda makes you wonder how many lines almost made it to stores, but got nixed for one reason or another?

BTW, does AFA grade prototypes? I thought they had to be produced items?

Anyone know where I can get the Mindstyle figures?

I do have all of the PLAN B busts and love them. But I do think they could have
been better (more screen accurate).

Thanks,
Laszlo

Good question. I've not seen them many places on the web for sale. I did see both figures being sold through this website...

https://www.toytokyo.com/shopping/index.php/page/product/product_id/8379

But it looks like their sold out right now.

And I just wanted to add how jealous I am that you have those Dark Crystal prototype figures from the 80s. I stumbled across pictures of those a few months ago and knew that there would be no way I could acquire those. Great find and great addition to any Dark Crystal nut's collection. :D

Good question. I've not seen them many places on the web for sale. I did see both figures being sold through this website...

https://www.toytokyo.com/shopping/index.php/page/product/product_id/8379

But it looks like their sold out right now.

And I just wanted to add how jealous I am that you have those Dark Crystal prototype figures from the 80s. I stumbled across pictures of those a few months ago and knew that there would be no way I could acquire those. Great find and great addition to any Dark Crystal nut's collection. :D

Hehe, thanks. Yes, I'm very proud to have those. Never thought I could get them. Wasn't cheap though :eek:

BTW the MINDSTYLE Landstrider is still available:

https://www.toytokyo.com/shopping/index.php/page/product/product_id/8354

8354_1.jpg

Looks good IMO (but not still not perfect). The other figure (Urac) is out of stock.

I remember when Sideshow was going to do a Skeksis and a Mystic to go with the Jen and Kira figures. I was so sad when they announced that it wouldn't happen after all....:monkey2

Hehe, thanks. Yes, I'm very proud to have those. Never thought I could get them. Wasn't cheap though :eek:

Dude, you have NO IDEA how much I hate you. Those have been at the TOP of my grail list for years now. If you ever decide to sell or have a tip where I can get any of them PLEASE LET ME KNOW, i'll make it worth your while... :D

I'm glad to see some life in the Crystal thread, NICE! KEEP IT GOING!!!

On a related note, I picked up the Plan B Garthim bust this weekend at the Baltimore Comic Con so i'm all caught up on Plan B's busts though I may get a spare Garthim to flank the Garthim Master. :cool:

I also finally got these in from Ebay:

312a_1.JPG

5841_1.JPG

Back