Daredevil the Netflix series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Daredevil really doesn't do crossovers with the big characters...Spider-Man is about as far as they go

Unfortunatley.... the most snubbed character in Marvel comics in my eyes as far as cross-overs and team-ups go. Sure he has Widow, Cage, Fist, Spidey... even Wolverine once or twice... but really he should have had an Avengers spot by now since it seems every other character was featured in that team.

More:

The pawn shop. The fight with you know who. The carousel shootout. The rooftop talk. The hospital shootout. The cemetery monologue. The ship shootout. He's already at legendary status. I can see years of requests and customs in the future.

It doesn't even feel right saying he stole the show...because Daredevil was awesome himself. The ninja fights were excellent. I loved Elecktra as well. And I loved some of the characters that came back from season 1 not named Foggy or Karen. In all fairness both were good too...but there was so damn much of them. I even really enjoyed the return of the newspaper editor. But yeah Shane (what I'll always call him) was a fantastic addition to the universe.

But this series has style and substance. It's not jsut the action scenes, but it can be very gritty and dark yet also feels like a real world environment unlike Arrow or Flash which to me always looks like a cheap studio set. But even scenes like this from season 1 bring Daredevil to another level:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO61TCgbMas

It doesn't even feel right saying he stole the show...because Daredevil was awesome himself. The ninja fights were excellent. I loved Elecktra as well. And I loved some of the characters that came back from season 1 not named Foggy or Karen. In all fairness both were good too...but there was so damn much of them. I even really enjoyed the return of the newspaper editor. But yeah Shane (what I'll always call him) was a fantastic addition to the universe.

But this series has style and substance. It's not jsut the action scenes, but it can be very gritty and dark yet also feels like a real world environment unlike Arrow or Flash which to me always looks like a cheap studio set. But even scenes like this from season 1 bring Daredevil to another level:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO61TCgbMas

Great post, dead on! :clap

Great post, dead on! :clap

I love it...it's obviously Daredevil's show but it nails the humanity that the characters have. Wilson Fisk is brought to life in such a fabulous manner. Just very well-written. I loved the first two seasons of Arrow. And Flash is great now...but they feel overly like a "CW" show at times with their Dawson's Creek love stories and how useless or stupid all the characters besides the main group are.

Daredevil has tons of great scenes starring the power characters, but even the cops and journalists have such strong moments. It makes the supernatural elements more acceptable to me because it doesn't overly dumb-down the "normal" people like so many of these shows do.

I love it...it's obviously Daredevil's show but it nails the humanity that the characters have. Wilson Fisk is brought to life in such a fabulous manner. Just very well-written. I loved the first two seasons of Arrow. And Flash is great now...but they feel overly like a "CW" show at times with their Dawson's Creek love stories and how useless or stupid all the characters besides the main group are.

Ditto to what you said. Especially the stuff about the CW shows. If you remove those stupid love triangles from the first two seasons of Arrow it becomes a really great show despite being on network television.

I've been thinking a lot about this season, and I shouldn't have posted my thoughts until I let everything digest. I 100% agree with Daredevil's philosophy as opposed to Punisher, but as fiction, seeing Punisher take out people doing evil stuff is pretty enjoyable.:lol

Charlie Cox's Daredevil is just perfect. For those that haven't read the comics, I think you guys got the best interpretation yet. Usually, there's the fan in me that goes...it's good, but that's really not the character that I know...this is Daredevil!

Charlie Cox's Daredevil is just perfect. For those that haven't read the comics, I think you guys got the best interpretation yet. Usually, there's the fan in me that goes...it's good, but that's really not the character that I know...this is Daredevil!

:goodpost:

Agreed . . . Cox & the writers have managed to craft a damn good version of Matt Murdock/DD.

The episodic series approach really allows for some satisfying character development.

Plus . . . all the great easter-egg nods in Season 2 . . . like this one:

item11907.1.jpg

__
___

I had that as my avatar for a couple months! I love that cover. I'd be interested if they ever adapt the "Roulette" issue. That's my all time favorite comic book issue!

Frank Miller's Daredevil is my favorite comic book run. There's a lot of comics that I've read, and I like them so much that I call them my favorite, but once I get over the hype of loving whatever I'm reading at the time or re-reading the issues, nothing has beaten Miller's work for me! And this series is doing such a great showing how great of a character Matt is! I love that he isn't super popular because Marvel is free to take him in horrible places, which to me, makes him a more compelling hero to persevere through such garbage. I know a lot of people don't like that, but I really love characters that are just dragged through the worst of the worse and maintain their compassion (even if they sacrifice their sanity in the process).

I don't think all superhero movies or tv shows need to be R-Rated by any means, but my favorite heroes are the ones that deal with the really dark stuff. I like when writers test the limits of a character's psyche because it sometimes tests the reader's morality as well. Even though I don't agree with the Punisher at all, his stories made me question whether or not I'd actually want someone like him to exist. I think everyone that witnesses horror has a primal urge to end it, and Punisher works to vent some of those vengeful feelings. I'm on Batman and Daredevil's side in believing there's potential in good in everyone and it's worth saving, but what if they keep doing such horrible things and get away it? Is there a point where it's right to just take them out? Heck, both Batman and Daredevil had to lie about the system working by making the cops look good in order to help justice. Are they hypocrites? Also, not everyone has super hero training or whatever. Really, Punisher's way is the only way that would work if you're going to be a vigilante. I'd be interested in seeing them go deeper into stuff like Capitol Punishment in the future.

Just finished season 2 this morning.
With all we saw at the end there's a few questions.
1. Will we have a season 3? It seems like we should.
2. Besides Fisk,if there is a third season,who will we see introduced, maybe Bullseye?
3. The most important question,will The Punisher get his own Netflix series with John Bernthal reprising the part?

Just finished season 2 this morning.
With all we saw at the end there's a few questions.
1. Will we have a season 3? It seems like we should.
2. Besides Fisk,if there is a third season,who will we see introduced, maybe Bullseye?
3. The most important question,will The Punisher get his own Netflix series with John Bernthal reprising the part?

I'm sure we'll get a season 3.

Bullseye is a MUST eventually. He's DD's biggest enemy along with Fisk. He has to show up sooner or later.

I can only hope that a Netflix Punisher series is announced ASAP.

Back