Dan Dare Pilot of the Future

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would guess its going to be the Atom body from GoHero... very similar to a TrueType, but the neck is a bit shorter.

Left to Right: TrueType, Atom and Buck
g.jpg
[/IMG]

Looks like one of those nights out you'd rather forget !:thud:

Wow!!

The pics are amazing. I like how the metal badges stand out. Nice job my friend :)

Looks like one of those nights out you'd rather forget !:thud:

No doubt... :lol

Great pics Wookster... I wish I was familiar with the character as he'd look great with Flash and Buck. But I can honestly say I'd never even heard of Dan Dare before the figure was announced :lol

No doubt... :lol

Great pics Wookster... I wish I was familiar with the character as he'd look great with Flash and Buck. But I can honestly say I'd never even heard of Dan Dare before the figure was announced :lol

He's more of a British institution, but he should have a wider audience, he's influenced a lot of other characters and stories over the years.

I can highly recommend the Titan publishing reprints (available on Amazon Starting with Voyage to Venus (Arthur C Clark was a technical advisor on the science elements for this story). And it's worth a look over this site Spaceships Away!, it's flying the flag for all things Dan Dare and retro sci-fi, I made contact with Rod Barzilay the editor of said website/magazine and he's sending me a couple of back issues.
The stories are great (obviously in a retro way) but the Frank Hampson A/W is just fantastic!

Sorry, I forgot to add the link for Spaceships Away in my last post-
https://spaceshipaway.org.uk/

And I think you'll enjoy it Galactiboy, makes you feel like a kid again!
(that said I'm probably 15 or 20 years older than you!)

Sorry, I forgot to add the link for Spaceships Away in my last post-
https://spaceshipaway.org.uk/

And I think you'll enjoy it Galactiboy, makes you feel like a kid again!
(that said I'm probably 15 or 20 years older than you!)

:lol I think regardless of our ages (31 here) we all enjoy feeling like a kid again. Having a room full of action figures would seem to indicate that pretty strongly :lol

Oh and just ordered Vol 1 and 2 of "Voyage to Venus"!

If it sucks I'll post nasty things about you :lecture

Last edited:
:lol I think regardless of our ages (31 here) we all enjoy feeling like a kid again. Having a room full of action figures would seem to indicate that pretty strongly :lol

Oh and just ordered Vol 1 and 2 of "Voyage to Venus"!

If it sucks I'll post nasty things about you :lecture

Gulp... I hope you like them.
I'm, just reading Safari in Space at the moment... perfect bedtime reading for escaping the real world just before you slip off to sleep!

And Zoloworld is a good place to hook up with, they have all the other Day2Day figures as well, Buck, Flash etc.

PS
Oh, I got 12 years on you GB, thats not too bad!

Not too much older... :lol

I bought the Glow Skeleton from them; but so far the rest of my GoHero goodness has come direct from GoHero. Its cool seeing these classic properties getting the high-end treatment.

Last edited:
Just finished the review and took some more pics.
did you get your books yet GB?
What did you think?

DDstuff1.jpg

DDwithHughesreboot.jpg

withNASA.jpg

They are still en-route... I chose the free shipping option which always takes a bit longer :lol

Nice artwork on those books Wookster. Makes me wish they'd included a couple more space pistols as accessories. Maybe that could be a Zolo exclusive. :wink1:

Back