Statue Damtoys Dilophosaurus bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darthblitzwing

Super Freak
Reaction score
From Facebook

toysbust.jpg
toys3.jpg
toys4.jpg

I like that it has the frill, even though that was completely made up from Jurassic Park. I'll keep a close on on these. I think I'll get the A model, as it's definitely JP colors. It'll go well with my Malcolm custom.

On first glance I thought it was Chronicle Collectibles, as they are considering or in progress of a dilo bust. I am really surprised Sideshow chose to be a distributor.

The paint scheme overall duplicated, but oh well, but since the frill is completely conceptual from JP, this isnt a dilophosaurus... its a "spitter".
I wouldn't mind if this were obviously a garage kit or such, but apparently it isn't.

It is funny, in JP fiction they talk about copyright on the animals they make.
Just my own opinion but..look at a dilophosaurus front portrait, see a dinosaur...
See a dilophosaurus front portrait with a with a frill out = see a bright ©

That's probably how InGen may have argued it in court if Biosyn started cloning Dilos with frills.

Just pulled the trigger on this. I'm a bit bummed I missed out on the BBTS pre-orders - I had to go with Sideshow. Just don't let me down... :pray:

too small
technically not related "JP"

but obviously not a bad looking piece

Back