Statue DAMTOYS CLASSIC SERIES: 1/4th scale Terminator 2: Judgment Day T-800(NO.CS001)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DAMTOYS CLASSIC SERIES: 1/4th scale Terminator 2: Judgment Day T-800(NO.CS001)

Lol does it really matter though? Still looks great. Doesn't need to be identical to the actual scene lol. Wouldn't even have noticed if the compassion pictures were shown.

Re: DAMTOYS CLASSIC SERIES: 1/4th scale Terminator 2: Judgment Day T-800(NO.CS001)

Just because the film did not show him lift the gun tight to his chest or lower it before dropping it doesn't mean it didn't happen.
This statue looks like it depicts the part right after unloading the minigun just before dropping it.

This being a statue, where the pose cannot be changed, it's up to each individual to decide if it matters or not.

It should very much matter to the people making it though. Aim to please the fussiest people so as to please the most people would be my rule of thumb.

This statue looks like it depicts the part right after unloading the minigun just before dropping it.

I guess. Strange choice though. I think it's safe to say that most would have preferred it based on when he's actually firing the weapon.

Last edited:

This being a statue, where the pose cannot be changed, it's up to each individual to decide if it matters or not.

It should very much matter to the people making it though. Aim to please the fussiest people so as to please the most people would be my rule of thumb.

I guess. Strange choice though. I think it's safe to say that most would have preferred it based on when he's actually firing the weapon.
Except for the average fan may find the gun pulled up tight to the chest with elbows locked in strange looking. I admit it looks odd when just that frame is captured. I know it is how he held it, but most people would register that in their mind as "off" and think they flubbed the pose.
..just a thought as to why they went with a more natural pose instead of film accurate.

I think a lot of people think this is correct when they picture the Terminator shooting the mini in their mind...
Screenshot_20190320-160148_Google.jpgScreenshot_20190320-160224_Google.jpgScreenshot_20190320-160247_Google.jpg

^Yeah, that's a fair enough point. It explains why there's this inaccurate impression of the gatling gun pose in T2 since everyone else who wielded it in movies held it low. It's quite likely that the makers of this statue simply had that same misconception.

Well, whatever the case, this statue is what it is and isn't going to change now. I hope those who are getting it will enjoy it.

^Yeah, that's a fair enough point. It explains why there's this inaccurate impression of the gatling gun pose in T2 since everyone else who wielded it in movies held it low. It's quite likely that the makers of this statue simply had that same misconception.

Well, whatever the case, this statue is what it is and isn't going to change now. I hope those who are getting it will enjoy it.

It's a decent representation. Face has issues but hair looks good. Paint looks like Hot toys quality.

Knowing what a control freak James Cameron is, I suspect he had Arnold hold the gun up high like this to frame the shot with maximum face/gun on screen since it is a waist up close up and the scene is emphasizing the brutality of the gun with the gentleness of the promise not to kill.
...*working theory

I'm with Brian on the pose. Regardless whether based on a specific scene from a movie, I see most statues as an artist's representation of that scene, so they may not necessarily go for an identical look as far as pose goes, but rather what they think would translate better as a statue. Maybe Damtoys felt it looked better this way, more natural, or it was just easier to produce.

Either way I think it looks good personally, but I know how fussy some people on this forum can be and that's fine. These pics have me feeling optimistic about this piece though. It's not perfect, but it still looks very nice overall.

It has a few things that are off to me but it probably is the best Terminator collectible of this kind that I've seen.

It's a decent representation. Face has issues but hair looks good. Paint looks like Hot toys quality.

Knowing what a control freak James Cameron is, I suspect he had Arnold hold the gun up high like this to frame the shot with maximum face/gun on screen since it is a waist up close up and the scene is emphasizing the brutality of the gun with the gentleness of the promise not to kill.
...*working theory

Quite possible.

I also like what P. has said to me before that the way Arnie holds the gun and rotates just his upper body to direct the gun really conveys that he's a machine, especially with 'a damn minigun' he becomes a weapons platform.

It has a few things that are off to me but it probably is the best Terminator collectible of this kind that I've seen.

Quite possible.

I also like what P. has said to me before that the way Arnie holds the gun and rotates just his upper body to direct the gun really conveys that he's a machine, especially with 'a damn minigun' he becomes a weapons platform.

P.s theory makes sense

yes, i'm quite sure that was the intention in the movie. weapons platform, sounds good.
same he was in T1 with two guns, representing ground Hunter-Killer interpretation with his two arms and only turning the upper body.

Lol does it really matter though? Still looks great.
i knew from the beginning that you didn't care, your question pointed directly to that - but was still lured into answering. :(
as for "does it even matter"...
it's like Cameron's alien queen versus Anderson's alien queen posing and moving.
AVP queen walked like a standart animal while Aliens queen had her limbs posed and moved in a very spider-y manner. posing mattered a lot in depicting the character - but i guess not for a lot of people.
i was glad to see it was mentioned as a significant difference at camerononline page though.

ALIENS Queen moved in a very unnatural manner. She would move the same arm forward as the forward leg, opposite most earth animals, and would raise her legs extremely high waving her hands like a maniac in different directions. She had this splayed leg walk that fitted well with an idea of a creature that spends all it's time hanging from the ceiling and it looked like it had real weight. Her legs have atrophied from lack of use. The original Queen looked like she could barely stand, as something that's spent most its life sitting down should.

The AVP Queen on the other hand had her feet in a straight line like a human being. She moved like a predatory dinosaur, and very fluid, like a large animal would do - leaned forward with the tail holding the balance, arms (now placed like human arms) ready to grab. Her leg movement was linear. She moves like a hunter. Whether it's good or bad, it does change the character from a very inhuman and unnatural creature into a traditional large predator.
they use a politically correct expression "whether it's good or bad" :lol
anyway, same here with the terminator - he moves and wields weapons like a human cannot and would not, and that was much better than a "natural pose and movement a human would take".

I have made an alteration

attachment.php

nope, the statue is clearly bend forward. like those humans on Brian's photos.

SlhHbj8.jpg

which is, as i said, out of the character, especially for that particular event at Cyberdyne, where he does everything with a straight back, from walking to shooting, as i've shown above.

...*working theory
only he held it like that even while walking to the window, before shooting. in a side camera view. so it was an intentional inhuman pose.

about 0:03-0:05.

Has anyone bought the statue yet? Can you take some live photos? Or an unboxing video? Thank you

Does anyone still have the terminator statue in the house? Can anyone take pictures or a video unboxing the statue?

here is my 280 / 400

Terminator 2 Judgment Day - T-800 1/4 by Dam Toys

Terminator 2-Judgment Day: T-800
Product No: CS001
Product type: Classic Series, Premium statue
Statue: 22.25”H (565mm) x 11.6”W(295mm) x 13.8”L(350mm)
Box size: TBD
Product weight: (13kg)
Realised: 1th Qtr 2019

MATERIAL USED:
1. Costume: Quality lambskin & fabrics
2. Headsculp、Body、accessories: Poly stone & pvc
3. Diorama base: Polystone

YOUTUBE q-G_g7C2EN0

with glasses from Enterbay T-800

I say with confidence, I am pleased with the release, and I don’t regret buying it, a decent and high-quality product

I say with confidence, I am pleased with the release, and I don’t regret buying it, a decent and high-quality product

Ok, thanks a lot, you were very kind! Could you please take a picture with the face of the terminator seen up close, to see the detail of the texture? Thank you

Back