DAMTOYS:1/6 Gang's kingdom - Spade J - Memories Ver.(GK001MX)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Punch customs made a custom detective using that head. I think the figure was "Future Detective", but i could be wrong.
I snagged all the pics when he posted them on facebook, but here are a few:

0014.jpg

0010.jpg

0008.jpg

0007.jpg

0003.jpg

0002.jpg

0001.jpg

They should make an entire line of the gangsters counterparts. Cops, detectives, etc.

This thread is sorely lacking in photos of the actual figure it's supposed to be about. I'll have to remedy, that as I just got him. but it's too bad he's limited, this is easily my favorite Gangster Kingdom figure ever.

This thread is sorely lacking in photos of the actual figure it's supposed to be about.

True. It seems like people really dig the way the figures look but no one is buying.

I did a photoshoot last night, haven't gotten around to doing much with them. Here's a few of mine.

IMG_5056.jpg

IMG_5055.jpg

IMG_5061.jpg

IMG_5059.jpg

IMG_5058.jpg

Yes, I did not remove the plastic from around the neck, half due to laziness, half due to the fact that I know they put it on there to make sure the head doesn't get stained. I appreciate DAM learning from the mistakes of their earlier releases and constantly making these better. I noticed on Diamond 3 that the magnets on the box front were very weak, but they already fixed that on Saxon and Memories Spade J.

Also, I noticed there was a sticker on the brown shipper of Spade J, indicating his original code was GKS001MX, while Saxon's is GKS001, while this might be a simple printing error, I much more prefer to think that Memories J was supposed to be a Side Story character like Saxon, which he pretty much is, but for whatever reason his final product code does not reflect that. I guess if Memories was a Side Story, he'd be GKS002 or something like that.

Overall, like every other figure in this line, it's great. My only nit is that I couldn't get the gun parts to fit into the stock, and I didn't want to force them. The flocked hat is well done. The one curiosity is the "realistic" gloved hands. Seems like we have a ToonTown style figure here where clothing covers up the stylized nature of the figure. I would've preferred stylized gloved hands to match with all the other stylized hands of the series, but as before, I think you start blurring the lines there, when you start stylizing the clothing elements.

And I really admire the Chinese hobbyists who seem to be experts at posing wired clothing as their scarf poses look awesome. I was at it for 15 minutes trying to get something cool, and this was the best I got.

Back