Damn you SS for Marveling!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DC characters are more mythological than Marvel, but that's a bad thing if you ask me. Marvel is more reality based (most of the time) except FF. I collect everything from these 2 companies (comics) but DC writers suck. Any Superman book is so incoherant it becomes too much of a chore to follow and enjoy. Marvel stories over the years have been classic. DC stories, other than their big events, have been blah. Batman's HUSH story has been DC's best in a loooong time.:D

Make Mine Marvel

I love a lot of DC characters. Some of the Marvel counterparts do not compare to some of the awesome mythology DC has.

Stuff like Green Lantern/GL Corps, Flash, Batman/Nightwing...lends themselves to very awesome sculpts. I would love for Pablo, Martin, Andy, etc. to take a shot at some of those characters.

wookilar8 said:
DC characters are more mythological than Marvel, but that's a bad thing if you ask me. Marvel is more reality based (most of the time) except FF. I collect everything from these 2 companies (comics) but DC writers suck. Any Superman book is so incoherant it becomes too much of a chore to follow and enjoy. Marvel stories over the years have been classic. DC stories, other than their big events, have been blah. Batman's HUSH story has been DC's best in a loooong time.:D

Make Mine Marvel

Yeah unfortunately Superman stories seriously are lacking nowdays. He's the most iconic character in comics but not in sales. For some of the best Superman comics you cant go wrong with 'It’s a Bird' and 'Superman for All Seasons' though. Fantastic.

I dont read the weekly comics usually though. I read a story in its entirety when a complete collection is available but mainly in the 'graphic novel' form as so many put it now. But you cant get any better than Dark Knight Returns, Batman: Year One, The Long Halloween, The Killing Joke, Hush, Dark Victory and Arkham Asylum.:D

But really, I dont want to get into arguements over which company is best as we all know that that will never be resolved as we all think differently but I just had to make a thread letting you all know your too lucky.
:D

BDboystoys said:
Yeah unfortunately Superman stories seriously are lacking nowdays.

Actually there are some nice stories rarely, namely: superman for tomorrow & sacrifice. But sometimes other stories can be really boring such as last action comics I read including this queen of the fables :(

Back