Dallas Buyers Club

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meth head

Super Freak
Reaction score
Wow! Movie looks fantastic.

If I were told Matthew Mcconaughey would be in my top 5 actors of all time, 2 years ago, I would have laughed at you. After Killer Joe, Mud and now this, that seems to be a very likely situation. The guy has skills I just didn't think he had.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8utPuIFVnU[/ame]

Last edited:
This looks fantastic. I haven't seen Mud yet, but I've heard great things. I might try to check it out in the next few days; Killer Joe was somethin'.

Frankly, I think they should create an award for when actors continually do this kind of thing. It shows extreme dedication to the craft, and that should be worth some sort of merit. Lots of actors can transform into a character, but to transform physically, emotionally, and mentally is another thing entirely

I remember reading something about McConaughey experiencing some extreme negative health effects from all his losing and gaining of weight for roles. Jared Leto here gained a lot of weight for some role not long back.

Frankly, I think they should create an award for when actors continually do this kind of thing. It shows extreme dedication to the craft, and that should be worth some sort of merit. Lots of actors can transform into a character, but to transform physically, emotionally, and mentally is another thing entirely

In a way De Niro did for Raging Bull.

I think Charlize Theron is another good example. Not for dramatic weight gain or loss, but she was unrecognizable in Monster. It was an amazing performance.

Back