Dahmer Netflix Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

generalszabo

Super Freak
Reaction score
Wow, just watched episode 6, 'Silenced'

Really great storytelling, it really draws you in and whilst you know what is going to happen (or think you do), it's still so compelling to watch. I know people say it's exploitative, and that it humanises him too much etc but I just think it's great entertainment. This episode in particular is mostly from the victim's point of view, one of the best episodes I've seen full stop.

Really enjoyed the first 6 episodes. If ''enjoyed'' is the right word for this. It really felt to drag on after that. I feel episode 6 would've been the perfect ending, and if I ever re-watch this I'll probably end there.

No sure how I feel about making money off a murder …..

interesting story, I was visiting Wisconsin when he was caught. Actually saw all the cops on the street.

I watched the series over a couple of days. I get that it was dramatised for entertainment purposes, I just think they changed a little too much from the real story. Glenda living next door, for example, was not the case and Dahmer didn't have a relationship with Tony.

As someone who didn't really know a lot about Dahmer, it was an interesting and rather disturbing watch. Maybe they thought 30 years after his arrest was long enough, but this must have been horrible for the families of these victims. These men had horrific deaths and to think what he did with their bodies afterwards. That poor kid Konerak, just so incredibly sad what happened to him.

Watched the first episode, enjoyed it, curious as to how they're going to stretch the entire thing out to 10 episodes though.

If anyone wants a proper dive into Dahmer as a person I can highly recommend The Shrine of Jeffrey Dahmer by Brian Masters, as well as its "prequel" (of a fashion) Killing For Company. Quite fascinating how similar, in some ways, Nilsen's horrendous murders were to Dahmer's, and how they characterised them as at the behest of an uncontrollable urge where they almost didn't feel in charge of their own faculties.

Incidentally, Des starring David Tennant is worth a watch also.

I finished it. Idk wtf was up with people during that time period lol. It was like a crazy serial killer back to back.

Gave up after 3 episodes.

Highly gratuitous, exploitative and focuses way too much on Dahmer/his POV whilst also bringing up loads of ‘what if this was the cause’ etc etc.

Evan Peters obviously going a standup job but this is garbage.

I read several biographies on Dahmer over the years and the couple episodes I watched felt like a waterer down rehash of things I already knew about.

Gave up after 3 episodes.

Highly gratuitous, exploitative and focuses way too much on Dahmer/his POV whilst also bringing up loads of ‘what if this was the cause’ etc etc.

Evan Peters obviously going a standup job but this is garbage.
The latter episodes focus more on the victims, he's barely in those episodes TBH

Aaah …. R … they… making action figures for this series ? 😧
A while back there was a line of figures about serial killers. I think they were sixth scale. They looked like garbage. Don't think they sold well. Only 2 or 3 got made. Fictional killers on my shelf (even if inspired by) I'm okay with. Real killers...well...don't think I can look at on my shelf. If Hitler and his clan figures exist I guess these can too.

Solid true crime show. Finished it in two days.

Not sure why true crime shows like this have to dramatize and make things up of some of the stuff that happened. The real story is dramatic enough.

Still a riveting series if you can stomach this sort of thing.

Solid true crime show. Finished it in two days.

Not sure why true crime shows like this have to dramatize and make things up of some of the stuff that happened. The real story is dramatic enough.

Still a riveting series if you can stomach this sort of thing.
Yeah, truth can be stranger than fiction, especially with the last episode with all the coincidences/signs from god. People thought netflix embellished those parts as they had taken liberties with the rest of the series, but it actually happened that way.

Back