D23 Expo 2011 - My photos and stuff

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you very much for the pics, as a hard core disney fan it broke my heart not being at D23 this year, it's nice to see first hand shots.

So with the animation side of things done, it was time for Andrew Stanton to talk about John Carter (of Mars). He spoke of how much the comics and books meant to him growing up and how he had waited so long for someone to turn it into a movie. Nobody did. And now he's the one to do it.

(photos by Disney photographers)
125256_2654.jpg

He showed a ton of clips (all were interesting) and brought out three of the stars to the stage to talk about their roles. They may be actors but public speaking weren't their strong suits... except for Green Goblin.

125256_2735.jpg

Producers Don Hahn and some other girl came out to talk about Tim Burton's next stop-motion animated film FRANKENWEENIE, based on a short film he did while at Disney.
124257_3571.jpg

125257_9201.jpg

Jennifer Garner (probably the most well-spoken actress there) talked about her upcoming film THE ODD LIFE OF TIMOTHY GREEN.
125256_2955.jpg

Then it was Muppet time! Showed a few clips that were entertaining and I cannot wait. Miss Piggy was none pleased that she was in neither clip.
125257_3663.jpg

And finally, it was The Avengers time!
125257_3792.jpg

125256_3193.jpg

We got to see a lengthy clip.... TWICE.
125256_3157.jpg

At the end, everyone got posters for BRAVE for free and we were herded out of the arena to other things.

More to come...

The Walt Disney Studios Booth was a highlight all weekend with a constant stream of free signings and giveaways... I was hanging out there a great deal.

Here, the filmmakers of Tangled signed things for fans
IMG_6520.jpg

The booth showed off Wreck-It Ralph in all of its 8-bit glory
IMG_6523.jpg

IMG_6524.jpg

Maquettes from Winnie the Pooh and Prep and Landing could be found here.
IMG_6528.jpg

IMG_6529.jpg

Fairies
IMG_6531.jpg

More of the booth
IMG_6533.jpg

IMG_6535.jpg

IMG_6538.jpg

The co-director of Prep & Landing and company signing free mini posters
IMG_6756.jpg

Animator Rueben Aquino gives a live demonstration into the animation process, drawing Ursula
IMG_6795.jpg

One of the coolest giveaways at the booth was this free Nessie plush from their latest animated short The Ballad of Nessie.
IMG_6798.jpg

FREEBIES... mini buttons
IMG_7227.jpg

Pooh Pook-a-looz keychain and Pooh print
IMG_7178.jpg

Naughty and Nice mini-poster
IMG_7250.jpg

The Ballad of Nessie mini-poster
IMG_7252.jpg

more to come....

AWESOME pictures coheteboy. I had no idea d23 even existed until this year. I was fortunate to pick up a Dave Perillo 25th Anniversary giclee variant. They have such cool stuff. It was hard to not pick up one of the Tron monorails too. Comic Con is first on my list, but d23 will be on my list of must-do's. Again, awesome stuff!

Eesh, sorry to neglect you guys! I have way more photos!

Here's a few randoms!
IMG_6668.jpg

This is walt's limo that took him to the Snow White premiere
IMG_6901.jpg

van from LOST
IMG_6904.jpg

Bigature of the Black Pearl
IMG_6908.jpg

Mater
IMG_6910.jpg

Lightning
IMG_6937.jpg