Statue D.C. Collectibles Superman vs Flash Racing statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: D.C. Collectibles Superman Vs Flash Racing statue

The amount of grumpy old farts in this hobby never ceases to amaze and entertain! Thanks for that, guys!
Yeah, having an anger stroke about a redesign that barely changed anything except the underoos and belt is a thing real Superman fans would do. Glad you guys boycott stuff like this, which removes more negativity and entitlement from the comic fandom. Lets not kid ourselves, none of you barely touched a comic in the last decade anyway, so its not a big loss.

You are right, that's a problem of generation. I was well bred and able to sustain an argument without calling people names something your mum and dad probably never taught you! I'm amazed at the number of people on those boards who have to be impolite when they are short of arguments.

I do read Superman (yes, old people can read) and have been reading comics and book for adults (you know, the ones with no pictures in them) for years. I'm only a few months back as a friend of mine ships them to my country in batches. So I do know what I'm talking about thank you.

To be more precise, if the statue had been the current Superman vs say, the current armored Lex Luthor, I would mind him wearing the new costume. That particular statue represents a famous episode of the silver age Superman (I know, you weren't even a spermatozoa at this time, hell, me neither) that confronted Supes versus the Flash). This race is an episode set in a precise time period, so I don't see why they didn't at least respect that.

But of course, your very post shows that respect isn't a word you seem to understand either.... Tssss, millennials....

This is ridiculous, but entertaining.

I'm from the 70's, and me personally, I can't go back and read any of that stuff anymore. I guess I've evolved a bit with the times because while it may have been "classic" I now find it just plain boring.

This was such an iconic image of Superman and Flash. I think they would sell way more of these if they keep it traditional.

Attachments

• Superman_vs_Flash_Special.jpg
    Superman_vs_Flash_Special.jpg
    492.6 KB · Views: 91

This is ridiculous, but entertaining.

I'm from the 70's, and me personally, I can't go back and read any of that stuff anymore. I guess I've evolved a bit with the times because while it may have been "classic" I now find it just plain boring.

It's not called "evolution" but "devolution" !:)

I've read all and everyone of them, and hated most of it. Could probably have been okay if it were a new character, but this wasn't clearly Superman ,and not just because of the costume. I'm from the 70s. I've loved every iteration of Superman made so far. I like Rebirth a lot. Best Superman since John Byrne (and my own Superman was before that time), but New 52 was made for people who don't really like Superman. If only it had only been because of the costume, but the whole dynamic of the character was modified.

They wanted to attract new readers. Fine. But from what I've read on CB forums, they alienated fans of the original, something none of the earlier interpretations had done, so great success.

But, thankfully, New 52 Supes is dead and Rebirth seems to go in the right direction, regardless of the costume change. But hey, everyone has the right to like what he wants, and if you prefer New 52, good for you.

Now I don't think I'm insulting you and calling you ignorant. You don't like my opinion, live with it!

Exclaiming that an entire audience doesn't understand a character because you didn't like a single interpretation is ridiculous. You might not be name calling as you decry further down the page, but you're acting just as callous and insensitive to others opinions as anyone could.

Wrong, I'm just stating that you have the right to your opinion just as I have the right to mine.

That so,e people like the new Superman, why not, but don't ask me to like what I feel is a betrayal of the character. I feel this new Supes, be it in movies or comics was just created to capitalize on the success of Nolan's trilogy, that I love by the way. Suddenly everything has to be dark and depressing. It works marvels for Batman, it just feel wrong for Superman, both have always been at the opposite of the wheel and you shouldn't make Superman the way you make Batman.

But, as I said, sad and depressing is the mood of the time. And yes, I understand that to attract modern audience they have to tap into that angst/emo reservoir. The costume is just a symptom. You have every right to like that just as I have every right to hate it.

I can't buy anything with superman on it unless he looks like he did in Action Comics #1. Because I am a pretentious collector............

sups.jpg

I'm just bummed this isn't at least 1:6 scale. I think in the previews book, it said it was one scale down for DC Collectibles which I think is 1:8 scale.

Still debating over this. Its cool and all ...but I already have a Flash and Superman 1/6 scale statue. And I have a running pose Flash statue as well.

Just debating with myself right now....

Still debating over this. Its cool and all ...but I already have a Flash and Superman 1/6 scale statue. And I have a running pose Flash statue as well.

Just debating with myself right now....

Who won the debate? I pre-ordered this and not the batman vs harley statue. I think there is a smaller run and the statue is going to be more iconic. Going to pick up the bats. vs harley on ebay when the price drops. You will more then likely get this cheaper if you wait, like most statues but, I really wanted this one. So I pre-ordered it.

This is out today a few of my local shops have it in stores now. I am waiting on BBTS to get their shipment in. If it takes forever to get mine, I might not pre-order from them again if I can help it.

Anybody else waiting on this statue?

This is out today a few of my local shops have it in stores now. I am waiting on BBTS to get their shipment in. If it takes forever to get mine, I might not pre-order from them again if I can help it.

Anybody else waiting on this statue?
Yeah, I preordered from BBTS also. Do you know if this is roughly 1/6 scale?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Probably not. All their designer series duo statues have been 1/8 so far.

I have a spot setup for this already.

IMG_20180308_194312.jpg

I'm not nearly as attached to his red underwear as some of you, the only reason the original costumes were designed like that was because its how Strongmen dressed in the early days. I guess they thought the GP was stupid and wouldn't get that these heroes were super strong if they weren't wearing their underwear on the outside of their tights.

shutterstock79794.jpg

Now this is the guy I want a statue of, preferrably 1/4 scale!

Back