Custom Wormwood Gentleman Corpse (comic character)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhaykal

Super Freak
Reaction score
So, I've never really shared any pics of my figures but decided I had to show this one off. I'm a huge fan of Ben Templesmith's Wormwood Gentleman Corpse comic. The title character has such a unique look and I wanted to try and display that in 1/6 scale. The head and hands were sculpted and painted by Jamie MacFarlane (he has worked on things like the Skelton studios Locke & Key keys). The suit was picked up on eBay. One of the things that really stands out to me is that the design on the red tie was actually drawn on it by Ben Templesmith himself, the creator/writer/artist of the comic. I hope y'all enjoy it and sorry for the terrible pics. I took quick pics with my cell and will hopefully update down the line when I actually have to photograph it.

Actual comic cover:

Wormwood 2

Wormwood 1

Last edited:
I've never read the comic but I do love Ben Templesmith's work. I met him once at Comic Con a few years ago and he was super nice. I love this figure though. Really awesome!

Thanks man. I've met him a few times and have gotten quite a few commissions from him in terms of art. He is absolutely my favorite artist so this figure means a ton to me. If you like twisted dry humor, you'd definitely enjoy the Wormwood story

Thanks man. I've met him a few times and have gotten quite a few commissions from him in terms of art. He is absolutely my favorite artist so this figure means a ton to me. If you like twisted dry humor, you'd definitely enjoy the Wormwood story

I'll check it out. His art alone makes me want to read anything he works on.

This is excellent, such a fun figure!

I'm a bit of fan of Ben Templesmith's art but don't get to keep up with the stuff he's involved with as much as I would like though.

Thanks for sharing this, made me smile. :)

Last edited:
I've never read the comic but that figure definitely has a cool vibe to it! Great job.

He is one of my favorite character designs. If you are in to comics or just really weird dark humor/horror, you should check out the book. basic plot revolves around a worm god who uses a dead well dressed corpse as his vessel to go around and save the world from weird/creepy threats in a shady way.

That is killer! Love that book and I think you captured him very well. Have you ever read Fell? More great art work of his in there.
Really great work.

That is killer! Love that book and I think you captured him very well. Have you ever read Fell? More great art work of his in there.
Really great work.

I'm a huge fan of Fell and Detective Fell is the next custom piece I'm about to tackle. In terms of Templesmith's art, I own/read every comic he's done, own every art book he's done and every comic issue that he's done the cover for. You cold say I'm a bit of a fan...:lol

He is one of my favorite character designs. If you are in to comics or just really weird dark humor/horror, you should check out the book. basic plot revolves around a worm god who uses a dead well dressed corpse as his vessel to go around and save the world from weird/creepy threats in a shady way.

Awesome buddy I appreciate the info. I'm always looking for a good read. I just revisited some of my old comics and read the Alan Moore written issues of Captain Britain. Brilliant work but one of the masters.

That's actually really awesome, even though I have no interest in the character.

Back