CUSTOM URUK-HAI

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could always use the body from one of those el-cheapo GI Joe 12-inchers you can buy carded for like $12 at most toy stores. The bodies are typically more muscular than a True Type, Prometheus or Buck, and the cost is negligible. You wouldn't get the extra height that the DCD body would give you, but it's a much cheaper alternative.

You could always use the body from one of those el-cheapo GI Joe 12-inchers you can buy carded for like $12 at most toy stores. The bodies are typically more muscular than a True Type, Prometheus or Buck, and the cost is negligible. You wouldn't get the extra height that the DCD body would give you, but it's a much cheaper alternative.

Thanks for the idea but I already tried that, in fact the legs on the body are from an old Snow trooper as they didn't show the joints (much). The arms are from a Hasbro Ep III Anakin and the torso's from a DID Legolas. Anyway I've already stripped the DC Batman body, painted it and chopped the feet off! I'll be using the Uruk-Hai's previous body for Batman as he was too beefy anyway, it'll just mean adjusting the armour to fit, new head and hand/foot posts; no biggie. Cheers everybody for your advice! I'll post some pics when he's done, drying at the mo.:chew

Last edited:
how about one of those 12" WWE figures?

Tried that too as I'm using one for an SG Atlantis Wraith Drone at the mo but too muscular to refit the armour, I'd have to start from scratch. I have to do loads of mods with the DC body as it is but thanks for the idea. Ironically I had bought one for this project and swiped it for the Wraith Drone:slap

Added a pic of the 3 bodies, from left to right:WWE, DC Direct, Hasbro mix. I'll sort out the neck issue with the DC, the head's just been placed there for scale.

Finished the body swap which was more of a rebuild and made his bow, quiver and arrows. He's much more in proportion now so thanks guys for spotting that! When you look at something day in day out I guess you can lose perspective, literally in this case.:pow The last pic is of the actual Lurtz used in the movie, not copies or interpretations like SS's PF.

Last edited:
Finished the body swap which was more of a rebuild and made his bow, quiver and arrows. He's much more in proportion now so thanks guys for spotting that! When you look at something day in day out I guess you can lose perspective, literally in this case.:pow The last pic is of the actual Lurtz used in the movie, not copies or interpretations like SS's PF.

It looks 100 times better now, as the body and limb proportions look to be appropriately scaled. Well done! :clap

Back