CUSTOM Underworld 1/4 Selene Figure by Lalla...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The craftsmanship is high quality, but I don't see Kate Beckinsale in that sculpt at all. The closed mouth version looks more like Liv Tyler and would probably be a lot of people's first guess as to who the sculpt was suppose to be if they hadn't been told it was suppose to be KB. The Angelina Jolie is a better likeness, but if you cover up the mouth the rest of the sculpt doesn't sell the likeness as well. If this product was offered as is by Hot Toys or Enterbay I could see a lot of p$$ing and moaning about how far off the portraits were, especially the KB. Every collector has a different criteria for what they collect. I have wanted a Selene for some time, but it's got to look like the actress or it's a pass. There are so many customs coming out in 1/6th and now 1/4 that I can wait until someone really nails it.

Damn this is nice! likeness and hair implantation is incredible. love the subtlety of the teeth showing through. really wish something even close to this was being mass produced :(

The craftsmanship is high quality, but I don't see Kate Beckinsale in that sculpt at all. The closed mouth version looks more like Liv Tyler and would probably be a lot of people's first guess as to who the sculpt was suppose to be if they hadn't been told it was suppose to be KB. The Angelina Jolie is a better likeness, but if you cover up the mouth the rest of the sculpt doesn't sell the likeness as well. If this product was offered as is by Hot Toys or Enterbay I could see a lot of p$$ing and moaning about how far off the portraits were, especially the KB. Every collector has a different criteria for what they collect. I have wanted a Selene for some time, but it's got to look like the actress or it's a pass. There are so many customs coming out in 1/6th and now 1/4 that I can wait until someone really nails it.

if you're talking about the pics below, then yes, i think that is supposed to be Liv Tyler not Kate Beckinsale

ubchongik_20120807185400_13866673_1.jpg

ubchongik_20120807185400_13866673_2.jpg

Eye colour isn't even Anna Paquin. But it's who I thought it was when I initially saw the pic. I see Liv now.

Damn....wish I could own that version of Selene. So many customs out there and no one has gotten the damned Underworld license....

I would buy a Viktor, a Lucian, a Raze, and a Sonja if someone could get decent sculpts licensed. :(

After comparing the sculpts to pictures of the actresses these would just be too stylized for me. They look too symetrical, like a slightly higher end version of Tonner. The punched hair gives them a nicer appearance then Tonner's wigs, but still not for me. I don't get why so much effort gets put into projects like this when the most important element, the portrait, isn't dead on. I guess when they are personal projects like this personal satisfaction is more important than mass appeal.

this is so incredible, this is amazing, this is beautiful,
this is more beautiful than Hot Toys Catwoman actually, this is just, wow, so awesome

I've been told that this Selene 1/4 scale figure is going to be for sale.

But actually that's all the info I have. I don't know when is out or how much is going to be.

If I know something else, I'll let you know.

I was thinking all "Cerberus Project" work, might all be planned for sale at some time, since it was under Lalla's "Company Works", & not "Personal Work". I think everything else in Lalla's "Company Works" has been for sale, or (in the case of Kara) is planned to go on sale.

if she really is going to be for sale, someone somewhere is going to make some good money if they can keep quality up

I'd get one fo' sho unless it was ridiculously priced. They should make a Tomb Raider and a Leeloo as well.

It's really come a long way in a few months--I love the costume details and fit!

Unfortunately, I suspect this is really going to cost a lot!

I wonder if Cerberus Project is handling the sales, or just assisting with design/production?

When you consider that a full done up figure by Rainman and Serang go for nearly a grand each, and this is 1/4 and has some unbelievable work, I can see the asking price fetching over a grand. Remember, these are not mass produced.

Back