Custom Stealth Iron Man Bust Progress...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghettoenhanced

Super Freak
Reaction score
After gravity (and crappy shelves) killed a few of my statues, I decided to take on the task of "stealthing out" my SS Iron Man LS bust.

The original damage:

Stealth_IM_Bust_Progress_1.jpg

Stealth_IM_Bust_Progress_1.5.jpg

Aves applied to chips and used to fill missing sections:

Stealth_IM_Bust_Progress_2.jpg

Stealth_IM_Bust_Progress_2.5.jpg

Sanding and prep work for primer coat:

Stealth_IM_Bust_Progress_3.jpg

Stealth_IM_Bust_Progress_3.5.jpg

Shoulder plates all primed:
(the one on the left is the one from the pics above)

Stealth_IM_Bust_Progress_4.jpg

Original damage to head, chest and base:

Stealth_IM_Bust_chips1.jpg

Stealth_IM_Bust_chips2.jpg

Looks great so far bro :rock

I'm in the process of customizing my Iron man bust as well.

I'm adding a light up feature to it.

..as a matter of fact, why not add a light-up feature to it while it is still in a WIP stage?

wow...that looks excellent so far!! wouldn't mind converting mine after seeing this. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Good on you! You know a lot have people would have just cried and thrown this awesome peice out... I love the way you've taken this tradgey as a blessing in the skies and bad a one of a kind product out of it that you can be proud of! Can't wait to see more of your progression on this! :rock

your off to a great start, im looking for a damaged one of these busts too. i just wanna repaint it back to normal.

Hmm I was actually digging the sanded/ weathered red look pre primer. It looked like he just got out a major fight.

I had to get an airbrush with a bigger needle and cone that also is bottle fed to spray the metallic base and clear blue coats.
Here is the one I got:

hpbcs_hardware.jpg

Still debating what shade of blue to use. Should I go dark or close to the SS Stealth IM Comiquette?
:confused:

UPDATE 8-18:

Aluminum base coat laid down with new airbrush...

Stealth_IM_Bust_Progress_9.jpg

Stealth_IM_Bust_Progress_9.5.jpg

:cool:

To Be Continued...

I'm loving see the progression of this! It's exciting! As for the colour, I would suggest "Midnight Blue" just because it the same colour as night and since this is a night ops/stealth custom... The name says it all!

Here's a sample:
270-196_Midnight_Blue.jpg

Oh My God......this is amazing! You are truly skilled and I can't wait to see the finished product!

Beautiful stuff. I can't wait to see how it comes together. Thanks for all the great step by step pics.

Back